mtbr member
    Jul 2006

where to find DMR transition tires?

lookin for an american dealer who has the 26x2.2, anyone have any leads?

mtbr remember
    I'm no expert on DMR, but I believe the "Transition" is the name of their frame that uses a 14mm rear axle, not the name of tires. Their tires that I know of include the Moto R/T and the Moto Digger, maybe one of those are what you are searching for???
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    it's a new tire, and it has the same name as their frame

http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=pro...emid=TYRTRAN26

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Product
    it's a new tire, and it has the same name as their frame

http://www.dmrbikes.com/?Section=pro...emid=TYRTRAN26

ohh, gotcha, new street specific tire from them! haven't seen it... looks solid though. seems any of your lbs's that deal with DMR would be able to get ahold of that tire, assuming they are shipping them to NA already....
    Schralp it Heavy.

I post too much.
    Looks like I found my new rear tire :P

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    yeah, these tires look awesome.
    went to the local shop and they called their distro. apparently they have pretty much everything including DMR products. but they say the transition tire is too new and they don't even have a part number for it yet

from a MBUK review:
    Street and skatepark riding has finally become fully acceptable for MTBs, and DMR make several products for this purpose. The Transition tyre is great for those who have been using the Moto tyre for street or skatepark use and have suffered pinch flats - it's bombproof. The tread extends all the way down the sidewall, which helps prevent punctures from pedal grinds and makes for an ultra grippy tyre. Pump it up rock hard and it whizzes along, or run is a bit softer for a more forgiving ride. -Doddy
    MBUK Verdict: 9/10
    The heavy street thrashing tyre you've been waiting for.

Meh.
    You may have to wait a while before your LBS will be able to get it from their distributors. I know that QBP carries DMR products, and I'm pretty sure BTI does some too.

Contact Unreal Cycles, I think they have a distributor that carries only DMR, Halo, Diatech, Identiti, etc. I remember it being called Synth Designs, or something. I forget. I had to get a replacement solid axle for my rear Diatech hub from them.