stitches from ditches
    Sep 2006

What's wrong with me?!?!?!?

OK about three weeks ago I was riding the dirt jump section of Umikaze park when I go down hard. I did the usual icing of the hurt parts and limped around for a few days but some of the pain lingered so I went to the doctor got some good drugs and got over it. Well fast forward to the present (about an hour ago) and I am back at Umikaze park, freshly healed and my bike is nice and tuned (just picked it up from the LBS today).
    So I hit the dirt jump section again and nearly kill myself going off of the jumps. I come to a stop and check out my bike again noticing that the tension in my front forks is a little stiffer than I'm used to, so I adjust it.
    I tear around the track again and wound up ditching my bike off of the second large jump. at this point I'm thinking that I lost some nerve and just need to familiarize myself with the track again. I tack it slow for a couple of laps then try to hit the jumps hard again and I barely manage to clear the jumps.
    At this point I'm pretty mad and dissapointed in myself so I ride home and and start to write this post.

So. What's wrong with me?

I post too much.
    Lack of practice for an amount of time. If I don't ride for a week, it takes me an hour or two to catch back up.

Air Junkie
    exactly, just do some manuals and pivots, 180's in the parkin lot before you hit the jumps, then take it easy the first few laps, manual the jumps, and work in the rythym section. Then after you're all warmed up, put a beatdown on the place.

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden_Judgement
    exactly, just do some manuals and pivots, 180's in the parkin lot before you hit the jumps, then take it easy the first few laps, manual the jumps, and work in the rythym section. Then after you're all warmed up, put a beatdown on the place.
    Warming up is the term I was looking for. It is important to do it, very important.

mtbr member
    also you need to relaxxx bro, when you tense up you start to get sketchy, atleast i do at times. just have a good time and dont over think it. you had a bad day out there but you have plenty more to go out and pin it. also warming up is for sure a good thing to do.