Thread: whats the rule?

mtbr member

whats the rule?

So me and a buddy took a few hours for the first time to make a really clean and rather large dirtjump, off an incline, to about my shoulders, using about 4 large logs as the base, and the rest piled up dirt with a really nice angle that put just enough snap into the jump.. It really turned out well, from the top of the jump to landing was probably a good 10-12ft. There was a jump there before hand but it had gotten destroyed by park people and it was about half a foot smaller before.

While i was test running it a dude rides up and starts making his own jump at the bottom, i fine tuned my jump, and having two shovels and two able bodied people me and my friend go and help this guy with his project, after about half an hour we realise its getting a little late, and i jumped off the jump i had just made a few times, we talked with the guy saying tommorow we wanted to bring a camera etc etc, and we leave.

1 hour later , im free for a few minutes so i drop down the street to see if the guy had finished what he started.

I find that he must have literally dropped what he was doing, his jump had been the same when we left, and the jump i made was competely destroyed, not only that but then it was remade into a small hump with no log base, maybe 10-15cm. kicker is, i made a small jump right next to it, that was excactly the same height as the one he made.

whats the rule here? should i be as pissed off as i am? I dont expect them to last forever or even for that long but not even one hour? Not even 1 day thats just pure jerk. Especially when the ramp before it stood for many weeks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    So me and a buddy took a few hours for the first time to make a really clean and rather large dirtjump, off an incline, to about my shoulders, using about 4 large logs as the base, and the rest piled up dirt with a really nice angle that put just enough snap into the jump.. It really turned out well, from the top of the jump to landing was probably a good 10-12ft. There was a jump there before hand but it had gotten destroyed by park people and it was about half a foot smaller before.

While i was test running it a dude rides up and starts making his own jump at the bottom, i fine tuned my jump, and having two shovels and two able bodied people me and my friend go and help this guy with his project, after about half an hour we realise its getting a little late, and i jumped off the jump i had just made a few times, we talked with the guy saying tommorow we wanted to bring a camera etc etc, and we leave.

1 hour later , im free for a few minutes so i drop down the street to see if the guy had finished what he started.

I find that he must have literally dropped what he was doing, his jump had been the same when we left, and the jump i made was competely destroyed, not only that but then it was remade into a small hump with no log base, maybe 10-15cm. kicker is, i made a small jump right next to it, that was excactly the same height as the one he made.

whats the rule here? should i be as pissed off as i am? I dont expect them to last forever or even for that long but not even one hour? Not even 1 day thats just pure jerk. Especially when the ramp before it stood for many weeks.
    go on the day you planned ot meet, if hes is a no show, or is "fake" pissed off (easy to tell) then he is the culprit, if he is really pissed off and offers to help build it back up, then he's legit, cuase he wouldnt destroy something to build it up again.

if he tore it down, find him, get him to rebuild it...if he refuses, brush it off, hes a dick, nothing you can do. try to get back at him, he will take revenge on you again, brush it off and build somehwere else

i know it pisses you off, but **** happes, and people are jerks

mtbr member
    Invest in a wheelbarrow and a few bags of cement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    I have to ask for them to do a "Number two" on my head

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by karpiel666
    Invest in a wheelbarrow and a few bags of cement.
    hahaha, actually, we put tiles in the house the other month and i have two bags of unused cement Funny thing is a friend of mine said the same thing!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free rider
    go on the day you planned ot meet, if hes is a no show, or is "fake" pissed off (easy to tell) then he is the culprit, if he is really pissed off and offers to help build it back up, then he's legit, cuase he wouldnt destroy something to build it up again.

if he tore it down, find him, get him to rebuild it...if he refuses, brush it off, hes a dick, nothing you can do. try to get back at him, he will take revenge on you again, brush it off and build somehwere else

i know it pisses you off, but **** happes, and people are jerks
    yah im definitly going to ask him about it! Meh its only dirt, it can be piled up again, still its quite a piss off

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    a** kicking time if someone did that to my jumps after i was kind enough to help them out. take that shovel and knock him across the jaw.
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs

mtbr member
    Build the shape of the jump with broken up rocks and cement, then have a 1 inch layer of dirt on it. If anyone tries to jam a shovel in it then they will be hurting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    I have to ask for them to do a "Number two" on my head

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezrg520kid
    a** kicking time if someone did that to my jumps after i was kind enough to help them out. take that shovel and knock him across the jaw.
    tell me how that will help

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Need some advice - trials etc on a mountain bike

sorry wrong thread :/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceTM
    sorry wrong thread :/
    wow, i just read that, and was goin to tell you to make a new post and delete your comment

good job!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    lol yeah sorry about that. Feel free to read my thread and help out though

Anyways since I have somewhat hijacked this thread I will offer my $0.02. I would say that if you are certain this guy was the one who wrecked your jump, just talk to him next time you see him and try to get some sense in to him. Last time I visted a bike park there was tremendous mutual respect among all of the riders. what this guy did was not cool at all.

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by free rider
    tell me how that will help
    i was kidding...
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs

mtbr member
    yah thanks guys for the support on this subject, i could totally understand if the park people had come in and destroyed everything, but from a guy that we helped out... thats jerk.

i do still have that bag of concrete though....