mtbr member

What would you do??

I'm going to Ray's at the end of February and have a choice I can't make. Right now I have a pretty worn 2.5 Holy Roller and a fairly new 2.3 K-Rad in the back which is fine at the local BMX track and street riding. I was gonna just get another K-Rad for the front but also thought something like a set of Kiniptions would be a little better for Ray's and other parks (few small one's "locally") and still work well enough at the track, I don't race, just jump the jumps. I guess what I'm asking is would the Kiniptions be worth the $45 I can get them for, don't want to be sliding out. Can't wait to go, I've been eyeing it for two years and I'm not missing out on a third, it's gonna be sweet. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Meh.
    Kiniptions aren't great if there is any loose dirt. If you've had good luck with the K-rad, then just keep using it.

mtbr member
    That's the thing, the k-rad/HR setup is fine for dirt, but I don't have very much experience with them on wood ramps and smooth concrete parks, my thinking with the Kiniptions is that they'll grab better on the ramps and be less likely to slide on me with the extra surface contact they have. If I get the kiniptions I'll only really use them for park/street, I'm not opposed to switching back to the Holy Rad setup whenever it's needed, which wouldn't be too much since the local track is generally pretty well packed and the turns are paved. For $45 I think I'm just gonna give them a try.

Members who have read this thread: 0