What tires do you like?

Printable View

• 10-29-2012
    Kranky1
    What tires do you like?
    New to urban/dj. I was wondering what tires people like. Bet you couldn't guess that from the thread title:rolleyes:. I am pby going to be riding mostly street but would like to be able to get in the dirt sometimes. I'm riding 26" wheels. Any good choices out there that would work well?
    Thanks
  • 10-30-2012
    Kranky1
    Wow, 78 views and no one can throw me a bone? Is this top secret sh!t, or something? Riding a P1 with a bomber fork if that helps
  • 10-31-2012
    dump
    Maxxis holy rollers are my favorite tires by far. Very versatile if you just want to run one set of tires on a wide range of conditions.
  • 10-31-2012
    Jimba
    I run a Happy Medium on the front and a Small Block 8 on the rear. they work great for hard pack jump lines. I like pressure a bit on the high side, pumped up to about 35 to 40 PSI.
  • 10-31-2012
    strader
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dump View Post
    Maxxis holy rollers are my favorite tires by far.

+1 on Holly Rollers. I tried Kenda K-Rads, they suck, heavy with no grip. Conti Race Kings roll well and grip, but they pinch too easy.
  • 10-31-2012
    jmmorath
    Currently riding WTB Graffiti UKs. They were on closeout all over a while back-I think discontinued.
    I love them as really good all-rounders. Enough tread for trails but low rolling and quiet for street

Halo Twin Rails are freaking awesome too. I have used them a few time in the past. They come in all shapes and sizes
  • 10-31-2012
    phxKokopelli
    HoooooookwOrm
  • 10-31-2012
    Mr.Magura
    Halo Twinrails are not too bad. I have a pair of those. Just get the thick sidewall version.
    The skinwall versions are pretty fragile.

My favorite would be DMR Moto RT.
    They're fairly cheap, relatively light, grip well on hardpack and relatively dry trails, are like glued to tarmac, and has a nice profile.
    What's not to like? ;)

Magura :)
  • 11-02-2012
    ColorVoyeur
    Holy Rollers for skatepark or hard pack dirt jumps

WTB Prowlers for slightly looser trail conditions.
  • 11-04-2012
    Kranky1
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. The stock tires on the P1 suuuuuck. The compound is about bowling ball consistency, with little side grip. They'll make good chew toys for the dog......
  • 11-05-2012
    Kona_CT
    I do mostly urban as well and I love the Holy Rollers I have on my bike now. I was going to switch to Hookworms but I love the versatility of the Holy Rollers - I took my urban bike DH at a bike park and it actually handled it fine. They're great on the street, too. I'm not concerned about weight and have no idea what they weigh.

I do have Kiniptions on my BMX and love those, too.
  • 11-06-2012
    ColorVoyeur
    2.4 Holy Rollers in the winter... I run them a few days a year in the summer if I know I'm riding buff dirt jumps.
  • 11-06-2012
    East Bay Rich
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmorath View Post
    Currently riding WTB Graffiti UKs. They were on closeout all over a while back-I think discontinued.
    I love them as really good all-rounders. Enough tread for trails but low rolling and quiet for street

Halo Twin Rails are freaking awesome too. I have used them a few time in the past. They come in all shapes and sizes

I ran those f & r, but one tore. Had hookworm but they were too heavy. ran holy rollers for years, but not enough grip for slalom. my wheels are so heavy that i like to run light tires and xc tubes
  • 11-06-2012
    DOCRIGID
    intense micro knobby = velcro on dirt, wood, and street.
  • 11-07-2012
    Igoreha
    Schwalbe Table Top - good and light tyre for allaround street and dry dj.
  • 11-24-2012
    bikebike69
    Bontrager G1 Team ,
    the best do it all tire period.
  • 11-24-2012
    jmmorath
    Quote:

Originally Posted by East Bay Rich View Post
    I ran those f & r, but one tore. Had hookworm but they were too heavy. ran holy rollers for years, but not enough grip for slalom. my wheels are so heavy that i like to run light tires and xc tubes

One of my Graffiti tore the other day too. So I'd like to amend that-I really liked the feel of them, but looking like not they are strong enough.
  • 11-24-2012
    echo24
    cant go wrong with the holy rollers. been running those on my bike for 4 years now. anything from slick concrete skate parks to hiking trails to trials. i run 55psi in front and 60 in the back. i did tear the sidewall on one by just barely grazing a rock on a hiking trail.
  • 12-10-2012
    bonkyy
    KHE MAC park at the back, Racing Ralph at the front. Perfect for riding everything as long as you're not a complete hack.
  • 01-05-2013
    Motl500
    Holy Roller on front and Intense MK on rear.
  • 03-18-2013
    OrangeDevil
    Holy rollers! Awesome tire that i highly recommend