rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

What tires do you guys run?

I can't decide whether to do the k-rad/holy roller route.....or just say screw it and go with some knobbed tires............ i've still got another bike i can ride around town, so i might just put some k-rads on it instead of my dj frame....

so..yeah...what do you guys run?

mtbr member
    Ive got holy rollers on my street bike and i ride some trails and jumps with it a little bit. So far (a month) I like the holy rollers. Havent had any traction problems and they seem like they have enough bite for anything i do. They definately roll much smoother and further than a knobby on pavement. If you ride much on pavement Id say either tire would be a good bet.

mtbr member
    i run the Arrow Launchs...i've had them for a few months and they are awesome for everywhere i ride my HT. fairly loose dirt, hardpacked, pavement etc..they also corner so well that they have surprised me a few times.

mtbr remember
    Kenda Kiniption rear, DMR Moto R/T front... I've been looking at the Schwalbe Tabletops a little bit though, nice and light.
    Krads are nice choice too.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    arrow launches/ halo twin rails

destructionismyobjective
    I run the holy rolers. Havent had em on dirt yet but compared to the old super knobby bontrager earls thy are amazing. feels like a whole new bike there is so little rolling resistance. Im thinking about some hookworms for the 2nd bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    k-rads... cheap, lite enough, roll well, overall good grip. not great in wet/muddy conditions, but i don't do much of that... so the k-rads work well for me.

mtbr member
    i ride holyrollers, but on my new wheelset im running tioga fs100. those are gunna be sick

Just Ride
    holy rollers. good for just about everything. i ride alot of street, and keep em round 70-80psi for that and they're like ballons its tight. they hold up real well on dirt jumps too, work fairly well on these wussy XC rides i do on my street bike everynow and then....yeah they're pretty awesome tires, only complaint is they're kinda heavy. but yeah ive flatted maybe.....3 times in the two years i've been running them now...they're awesome

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm mostly on K-Rads 26" x 1.95". Right now, I have a 12 year old WTB knobby on my front wheel just because I had it laying around.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

Local Paperboy Hero
    All white Kenda K-130 beach cruisers. Suprisingly, they've held up fairly well (gotten a couple punctures). And I love how smooth they roll compared to my old knobbies. But, stopping can be quite the experience (almost went down the kenter canyon a few times). I'll probably retire them with my new build here in a few weeks.

mtbr member
    K-Rad 2.35s for street and hardpacked DJs, but when the local jump spot gets icky (like it is now), I put my Bling Blings on...I used to think there wasn't much noticeable rolling resistance difference between a very low-profile 4x tire like the Blings and a street tire like the K-Rads until I recently remounted the Blings. It now feels like I'm slogging through mud with the Blings on pavement, but I'll take it for the grip in the sand up at I St...
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

maxxis

maxxis holy rollers.seem to be the best all around tire i have use so far.

To "Air" Is Human
    Arrow Racing Launch in the dual compound. I have ridden Holy Rollers, Larsen TT, K-Rads, Hookworms, and more. The Launchs are super versatile and the compound hooks up!