mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Hope What stem, h/bars should i get coz i dunno?

ok, im not even sure if this is in the right forum and i have no clue what i should get.All i no is that i broke some crap h/bars, stem and wantin to get new (good) ones so i wont ever have to buy another 1 again. i ride pretty much urban/dj/park(thats why i put in in this section).
    I've seen a lot of people with truvativ hussefeel(somethin like that)r they any good?anyway please post ur opinion. dont want 2 go over $200 for the stem+h/bars(spose i could get em 2nd hand). also r oversized bars better or worse. thanks for ur help i no nothin bout this subject but hope u do.

regards nick

mtbr remember
    yeah, you posted in the right place if you are looking for parts related to urban/dj/park riding.

For $200 you will be able to get just about any set-up on the market.

Hussefelt's should treat you well, although, they were designed with Downhill and Freeride mtb in mind, but doesn't mean they won't work.

for this kind of riding here, I like a chromoly bar, it is generally stronger on repeated impacts and crashes, and it takes out some vibration and harshness that most aluminum, especially 31.8 can transfer to your hands.
    only thing is, there is a fairly limited option of good chromo bars on the market, but on the plus side you can use them with a sweet selection of bmx 22.2mm stems. 25.4mm or 1" is standard for mtb, which is great for urban/dj/park. 31.8 is oversize.
    ok, if you have no clue what I am talking about or just don't care, some Excellent, and fairly easy set-ups to track down could include:
    BlackMarket Underboss stem / BadaBing bars
    Dangerboy stems
    SIC stems & bars
    DMR Headstock stem
    Answer Pro-taper bars / Thomson stem

just a few choices, just google them or check your LBS.

yeah, snaky69 threw out some good points below, about how much rise and bend you want or feel comfortable with.
    Schralp it Heavy.

I post too much.
    Oversized bars are more a question of preference than anything. Any bar can break. I would definitely recommend the hussfelt stem, not too expensive, not too heavy, doesn't look bad either. As for bars, it really depends, do you want low-rise? Hi-rise? Do you want them to backsweep a lot? I ride cut down(lopped off an inch on each end) Titec El Norte and I love them.

mtbr member
    man, you got $200 ready for barsa and stem! holy sh!t. for about $60, you could get a atomlab GI stem and bar. cheap and strong. chromo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    thanks im ganner buy a truvativ hussefelt stem for 30dollars of ebay.At the LBS they said that FUNN mtb bars would also be good but expensive ill probly get the hussefelt bars as well thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Good job!

again for the hussefelt stem should i get it in 40mm or 60mm? is 1 better or is it just a matter of opinion

I post too much.
    It's more a matter of opinion, I like having the front end real short, a relatively long top tube and real short stays. I run the 40mm. I used to have a 50mm on my Kona Stuff and it was fine also. I wouldn't go much past 60mm though, I feel weird on stretched out bikes.

brooklyn bike rider
    Jan 2004
    as long as you get more dh/fr oriented bars you shouldn't have a problem with strength.
    check out www.go-ride.com's selection, but don't forget about sic, titec, and azonic.

bar sweep and rise along with stem reach and rise can very easily change the way a bike rides and feels.
    i strongly suggest you get to a shop and feel the bars in your hands before you buy.
    that way you can know what's comfortable and what kind of geometry you're looking for.

thought-out bike setup makes for much better riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred3
    Some folks hug trees. Some hug steel bikes.

Just Ride
    SIC bars and stems are hands down the nicest DH/FR/street/urban/whatever bars and stems out there right now in my oppinion. awesome quality products, even more awesome compnay in general. real small, from the DC area, cool guys for sure. check them out, they're a bit pricey but definitley worth it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Don't forget about Deity bars and stems.

Just Ride
    no do forget about deity bars and stems.

they is trash

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    sic chase bars, ,and a stem from danger boy, black market, thomson, atom lab, whatever...

mtbr remember
    anybody get their mitts on one of the new BlackMarket badabing bars yet? Who produces these for them, or are they in house? I'd be interested in trying some out...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    havent tried em, but saw em on this guys mob. they look to a be a decent bar. fairly flat with little back sweep.