Thread: What Size?

Expert Noob

What Size?

I am most likely going to get a STP come spring.
    I am 6' 3" and 220lbs I assume I would get a Large.
    Just trying to make sure.
    Heres a pic of the measurements

mtbr member
    i would definitely get the large, but then again i like longer TT lengths, then again i am running something with 23.2 inch TT and i am only 5'9'' its just my preference...

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by LandoCommando
    I am most likely going to get a STP come spring.
    I am 6' 3" and 220lbs I assume I would get a Large.
    Just trying to make sure.
    Heres a pic of the measurements
    I'm running a large and I'm only 6'. Initially it felt too long but a new stem and for some reason lowering the fork made it feel just right.

Expert Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by liqwid
    I'm running a large and I'm only 6'. Initially it felt too long but a new stem and for some reason lowering the fork made it feel just right.
    Do you think that just getting a regular instead of a Large you would have that same "just right" feeling?

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by LandoCommando
    Do you think that just getting a regular instead of a Large you would have that same "just right" feeling?
    Maybe but I'd rather have the modifications I made. Replacing the bars for wider ones, the stem for a 0deg rise, and lowering the fork to 80mm made a huge difference in handling. It handled pretty well stock but those little adjustments made it feel solid. I'd recommend to anyone with a stock STP to make those changes. On the "just right" feeling front it could just be that I got more used to the bike. I doubt your going to feel cramped on a large and you can get up to a 3" rise bars if you feel cramped on a regular.

Meh.
    If you like doing barspins and x-ups, a regular may result in front wheel/toe overlap when turning the bars... unless you have tiny feet.

It will come down to preference. But I think you'll probably be more comfortable on a large.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    If you like doing barspins and x-ups, a regular may result in front wheel/toe overlap when turning the bars... unless you have tiny feet.
    Good point, wider bars and shorter TT could result in easier bar spin knee wackings too.

dirt rules
    I've ridden both, and the smaller one felt cramped. I'm only 6'.
    The only real difference is TT length, and the large is way more comfortable for me.