mtbr member
    Apr 2012

what shocks for a 24" dj'er

I have a scott voltage 24 tmo and it came stock with a 60mm shock but it is rather soft. I'm looking for a bit firmer shock and something that is a 60mm. I can't go anymore than 60mm or I was told it throws off the bb. Also I would like to stay at or under $250 if possible. Forgive me if its a dumb question I'm just getting back into this scene and am learning my way around it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trav_co View Post
    I have a scott voltage 24 tmo and it came stock with a 60mm shock but it is rather soft. I'm looking for a bit firmer shock and something that is a 60mm. I can't go anymore than 60mm or I was told it throws off the bb. Also I would like to stay at or under $250 if possible. Forgive me if its a dumb question I'm just getting back into this scene and am learning my way around it.
    i really don't know of any aftermarket DJ fork that comes with 60mm travel. but there very well could be something out there. in the past, everyone i know of who was running 60 got it lowered by a mechanic.

x-fusion velour is an xc fork that people do ride for DJ. it's light. but i think there's only an 80mm: Bikeman X-Fusion Velour 80 Black

btw usually people say 'suspension fork' for a fork and 'shock' for a rear shock on a full-suspension bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Oh snap my bad... I read people do argyle 318s or marzocchi dj1 and have them lowered. Would that be a good option? I seen both sets of forks had received mixed feedback. I always considered djs to be a reputable suspension fork

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    You can also get a Fox 831 and lower it to 60..