Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    check out addct cycles i have one switche all my parts from my old cannondale chase. the rear bracket is sick you can adjust the wheel foward or back to set chain tension. i had so much trouble with my chain comming off on my chase chain only came off once because i didnt have it adjusted right. the geometry sucks for anything except jumping and park. www.addictcycles.com oh yah the addict was built only because there were no good bikes for dj or park give it a shot

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    YA, that looks real nice, what do they go for for frame only?

Meh.
    Check the website... it's clearly listed...

And no, it was not built because there are no other good bikes. There are plenty of other good bikes. And the geometry is versatile enough to ride street, northshore, and race on too. Hell, I raced DH with mine. I'm not bashing the frame. I've had one for over a year now.

Current
    [IMG][/IMG]

Previous

More previous

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It kinda looks like the 04 P2's... But very nice! I saw on the web page the guy had pegs. Does this frame com addaptable with pegs?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Anyways, for my fanboyism to come out.

The frame has to be chromoly. Aluminum is too harsh and non forgiving for me.

Going from a Redline Proline to a Standard 100R, with minimal geo differences, made the biggest difference in the world. Now I can only suggest Standard to those building 20" bikes.

Meh.
    Your PHD is aluminum...

I don't see any resemblance to a p.bike... Perhaps color, they're both aluminum, and they are bikes. P.bike uses tubing that has a completely different profile to it. P.bike does not have integrated tensioners, nor CNC machined chainstay and seatstay yokes and headtube. Specialized can only dream of making a bike of this quality. And as for parts? I didn't hold back when I built my Addict. Can hardly say the same for Specialized.

i like rocks
    personal taste, i never liked the tapered look of the down and top tubes on that rig.

but: for build quality and cool features, that thing does well, those dropouts and that chainstay bridge are sweet. and your build is sick. cept put the saints back on! or at least get those xt's powedercoated. maybe replace them with hones?

too bad it has canti boses though, that would piss me off. make we want to get out the grinder.

some of the p.bikes i dig, but i would never buy another one. forget supporting the corporate machine. they could make the hands down best of everything and i still wouldn't buy it.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by euroford
    personal taste, i never liked the tapered look of the down and top tubes on that rig.

but: for build quality and cool features, that thing does well, those dropouts and that chainstay bridge are sweet. and your build is sick. cept put the saints back on! or at least get those xt's powedercoated. maybe replace them with hones?

too bad it has canti boses though, that would piss me off. make we want to get out the grinder.

some of the p.bikes i dig, but i would never buy another one. forget supporting the corporate machine. they could make the hands down best of everything and i still wouldn't buy it.
    It's functional, kinda like the Easton Rad tubing or the Kona Clump tubing. Adds rigidity and exposes more area for welding.

As for the XTs... lost like 10 ounces over the Saints and I already had them sitting around. I might hit up the auto shop and powdercoat the cranks when I come back around x-mas.

I have thought about grinding the bosses off. But... if I lace up new wheels, I might just go with a rear that has a rim brake surface. Plus the frame's anodized and I haven't found a clean way to get at them.

I'm not saying the p.bikes are bad. I'm just saying that it's a bad comparison. I know what you're saying. I think that some of the Big S bikes are pretty cool. But they're recent trend of using proprietary components (different hub standard, and possibly a different headtube standard in upcoming years) is pretty whack. I also believe that their business ethics are shady as hell.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2006FisherPHD
    Anyways, for my fanboyism to come out.

The frame has to be chromoly. Aluminum is too harsh and non forgiving for me.

Going from a Redline Proline to a Standard 100R, with minimal geo differences, made the biggest difference in the world. Now I can only suggest Standard to those building 20" bikes.
    so than why do u ride that PHD. i know u got it for free (- race fee's). but u have a perfictly good P.1 Cro-Mo frame, besides teh shity ass pain job u gave it.

oh and zach, i dont have a 20'' and am not building one up, atleast for right now. im having way to much fun riding real DJ's and real street. not those sh!ty DJ's at Farmdale.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    so than why do u ride that PHD. i know u got it for free (- race fee's). but u have a perfictly good P.1 Cro-Mo frame, besides teh shity ass pain job u gave it.

oh and zach, i dont have a 20'' and am not building one up, atleast for right now. im having way to much fun riding real DJ's and real street. not those sh!ty DJ's at Farmdale.
    Because I would have to replace the freehub on my rear wheel and Russell's stripped the bolt in the hub to get it out. Don't feel like buying a new hub.

I'm building my Mosh up, just need chain and brakes/cable.

mtbr member
    I'm glad to see this thread turn into a more intellectual discussion. All it took was fvck off to not post, nice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Ya, I am not a big fan of P. Bikes, nor specialized for that matter but you have to admit you get alot for your money and a great bike to trash around.

As for a new frame, I do like the addict a lot but I still have a ton of research to do.

Rb
    wrenchscience.com
    Sweet DJ frame if you ask me:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Frame+07.aspx

And by the sounds of it, you're probably a small guy who deosn't have much money to spend. Free Easton bar ain't bad.

Good luck supergrom.
    :: wrenchscience ::

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bao
    Sweet DJ frame if you ask me:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Frame+07.aspx

And by the sounds of it, you're probably a small guy who deosn't have much money to spend. Free Easton bar ain't bad.

Good luck supergrom.

That is a stellar deal! Why this kid think his P2 isn't a perfect DJ geo is beyond me... the P series have short stays and low BB... that's yer baby right there, so why ????

meh.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    like I said before, I can make another bike with some spare parts, just need a frame. And that frame isn't really my style. I think I am going to get the jackle...

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    youll get more cash for selling the parts off individualy.

resident dumbass
    I . . . love . . . lamp . . .
    I'm out of things to say . . .

Rb
    wrenchscience.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtjumper3
    like I said before, I can make another bike with some spare parts, just need a frame. And that frame isn't really my style. I think I am going to get the jackle...
    What IS your style?
    :: wrenchscience ::

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I rented a full suspension bike and headed up to whistler for a week, is there a problem with that? And no, I don't want to buy your bike! I said I like to Dirt Jump, not race! And seeing no one here is going to help me out with getting a new frame...

again...THATS NOT YOU...i know the person who's vid that is.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bao
    What IS your style?

Pretty much everything you can do on a hard tail, dirt jump, street, park, trial. I think I am best at street, but I like dirt jumping a lot.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    he was refering to what type of frame is your style.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ohh... whoops, My two favorite frames are the chase and jackle (although a lot different) based upon there geomitry. ALL the other links people have given me just don't click.

Hey, does anyone know how much the chase1 07, frame only is?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well then... what is the most durable, longest lasting, geometicly perfect, lightest frame there is?

Ohhh... and my bike is in the shop, so what else am I going to do?
    the Giant STP is hella light and strong.
    I love the geo of the frame
    let me guese your bike is in the shop with rim problems lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    dirt jumper3 luke is full of ********

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    the mob seems to BMXy for me, but I do like the riot a little, http://www.blackmarketbikes.com/riot.html

And the cannondale chase seems nice too.
    bmxy what the f u c k does that mean.
    how many frames have you seen alone
    good mountain bikes have simmilar geo to BMX!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast