Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    calma
    I have been riding a DMR Sidekick for about 3 years now and have put it through the beats and it is still working from me.

I am about 210lbs and 6ft tall and consider my self an intermediate djer (which means I still case the odd jump and have a couple of rough landings).

Other recommendations:
    -Cove stiffie - north shore ridden
    -Norco's
    -Kona's both ht and ds (good budget prices).

Do you want a hard tail or suspension? Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Good Luck

*B*
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtjumper3
    So what frame would you recomend for me:

1) I like getting as much air as possible (light)
    2) I like doing 10 feet drops on flat (durable)
    3) I kind of like the P2 and jackle thing where you can get your leg though that area under the seat easily
    4) I sometimes trial ride
    5) I don't want ot buy another frame for like five years (long lasting)
    6) I like it very responsive to my moves (good geomitry)
    7) last but not least I want it to look good (looks)
    8) I'm a tard ftwftwftwftwftwhijackslap!

mtbr member
    Check this out, you say you have about a grand to spend on your rig. I know for certain this whole drive of yours is just to look a bit cooler on a new dope bike. Really that just makes you look that much more stupid to your fellow riders wherever you ride at.

What you should do is call your lbs and ask em to dismantle your bike. Take it home and strip the paint, find a cool color you like from a quality rattle can co. Paint it up a few times over, order yourself a new NemPro fork. Find quality wheels, new NemPro stem/bar combo and you'll have a damn good looking functional bike. That could be had under a grand and you'll be happy. Lost but happy.

Oh and have your dad or mom paint your bike.

rock hard or hardrock
    Quote Originally Posted by ServeEm
    Check this out, you say you have about a grand to spend on your rig. I know for certain this whole drive of yours is just to look a bit cooler on a new dope bike. Really that just makes you look that much more stupid to your fellow riders wherever you ride at.

What you should do is call your lbs and ask em to dismantle your bike. Take it home and strip the paint, find a cool color you like from a quality rattle can co. Paint it up a few times over, order yourself a new NemPro fork. Find quality wheels, new NemPro stem/bar combo and you'll have a damn good looking functional bike. That could be had under a grand and you'll be happy. Lost but happy.

(kinda double post)
    EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derfernerf
    (kinda double post)
    EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
    I would agree to a point, I was just detailing what I'd do I guess. Or more of an after thought on the point that he just wants a new dope bike to sport. When I get bored with the look of my bike I'll just paint her up and she feel all fresh again. I remember seeing Boxxer's P bikes all painted up and they look f'n sick. With that grand he could get pretty damn close to looking like them. He'll have to have his dad paint it but he could bribe dad by mowing the lawn.

rock hard or hardrock
    I would agree to a point, I was just detailing what I'd do I guess. Or more of an after thought on the point that he just wants a new dope bike to sport. When I get bored with the look of my bike I'll just paint her up and she feel all fresh again. I remember seeing Boxxer's P bikes all painted up and they look f'n sick. With that grand he could get pretty damn close to looking like them. He'll have to have his dad paint it but he could bribe dad by mowing the lawn.

yea, since your frame is pretty good allready, just paint over it and dump that grand into better parts....no need to have a super good frame and stock parts from a p1 or what ever you have........better idea to go with better parts and re-paint your frame, it will still look very sexy if you get the right parts
    www.transitionbikes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    No, I keeping my p2, but I have enough spare parts to make another bike, I just don't have a DJ frame.

mtbr member
    I give up, go get another frame and build another halfass bike so you can have two halfass bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well eventualy i want to sell one, but it won't be easy selling one part at a time so if I just buy a frame, see which bike I like more, and sell the other I will be all set.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebiker
    really cuz i was likin this one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (19.6 KB, 631 views)

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    No One Can Handle That Radness. ^^^^^^

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    If you have unlimited money I would have a custom built frame made. Then you have your own specs put in, and metals, with even your own colors.

SamIAm
    wow, i needed to smoke something before i read all this nonsense.....bleh.

bmx is the originator, go with it. just buy any damm cromo frame with under 16in stays and you wont go wrong, no frame is perfect, so quit trying to get a lvl 97 uber godslaying frame with infinite durability and negative weight, it just doesnt exist.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Serve Em has some great advice here. I doubt that the p2 is holding you back anyway. Maybe only in weight but you can lighten it up pretty easily with a new fork and other parts (bars, stems, cranks, singlespeed, pretty much everything Serve Em said). That's another suggestion is if your bike is not singlespeed yet then go ahead and give singlespeed a try. This will definetly lighten up your bike.

I know that it is very tempting to go out and buy some super sweet frame. But I think you might want to stick with your current frame for now. This is just my personal opinion so you can take it or leave it. Happy Trails

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TXneedmountain
    Serve Em has some great advice here. I doubt that the p2 is holding you back anyway. Maybe only in weight but you can lighten it up pretty easily with a new fork and other parts (bars, stems, cranks, singlespeed, pretty much everything Serve Em said). That's another suggestion is if your bike is not singlespeed yet then go ahead and give singlespeed a try. This will definetly lighten up your bike.

I know that it is very tempting to go out and buy some super sweet frame. But I think you might want to stick with your current frame for now. This is just my personal opinion so you can take it or leave it. Happy Trails
    wow, thanks for the advice, I was beginning to think everyone here was a jerk. And yes I am trying to lighten up my P2, but as of know it hasn't been that big of a problem. I can get it back today from the shop. I was considering running single speed, taking of the front brake, and getting a new fork, but in the near future... my set up now is just fine.

THe only reasen I have wanted a new frame was becuse i have an uber amount of bike parts just sitting around. SO If I got a good frame, hooked it up with parts and sold it for double the price I could make some money.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    That would be a good idea except a custom bike usually won't go for as much as it cost to build. You might be better off selling the bike parts alone then as a complete bike if all you want is to earn some money. There are many great frames out there all waiting to be bought and the best frame is one that you find yourself. Some relatively inexpensive frames with less than 16in chainstays would the Evil DOC, Transition ToP, BlckMrkt mob/riot, dobermann pinchser, and lots of others. I hope this helps. Happy Trails.

dirt rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtjumper3
    I rented a full suspension bike and headed up to whistler for a week, is there a problem with that? And no, I don't want to buy your bike! I said I like to Dirt Jump, not race! And seeing no one here is going to help me out with getting a new frame...
    You must think people are as stupid as you are... the video you claim is you, was made LAST year, and the guy that's riding in it is from CANADA. Grow up!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    you stated in an earlier post, taht a HT makes you a better rider. 1st off thats not exactly true. some ppl are just plain sh!ty riders, no mater what bike they are on. however, an HT is very helpfull when learning basic moves. however an ever better bike would be to get a 20''.

oh and for all of you taht think Will is skinny as fvck in that pic, oh god, you should see him in real life. he looks like he just came out of a concentration camp.

rock hard or hardrock
    haha, hey will...have you ever heard of food? you eat it and sometimes, if you eat enough of it, then u might gain a little weight =P. you should try it some time its really cool!

haha jk will, im just jealous cuz im fat
    www.transitionbikes.com

mtbr member
    banshee morphine
    I live in Maine and I hate lobster.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by derfernerf
    haha, hey will...have you ever heard of food? you eat it and sometimes, if you eat enough of it, then u might gain a little weight =P. you should try it some time its really cool!

haha jk will, im just jealous cuz im fat
    My daily caloric intake is as much as some body builders. 4% body fat. At 5'8" I'm 135 pounds of muscle. Haha. Why does it matter if I'm skinny? I can ride a bike. And I can sure as hell hold my own ground in a fight too. Size is not everything.

Pat, I'm sorry that I can't be huge like Zach. I know you like big boys. Heheh.

Got to love a good crash and a face full of dirt. Dirt has lots of calories and protein, right?

I think this is a pretty picture.

I know I've got some pictures of clicked x-ups and okay tables and whipssomewhere...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    srry Will, u got it all wrong. i aint into guys, specialy not ones liek zach. infact he was hittin on me, thats why i moved down to Kansas City, to get away from him since he wanted his way w/ me so badly.

eminence front
    In Soviet Russia, bike rides you!

@wishEMT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    srry Will, u got it all wrong. i aint into guys, specialy not ones liek zach. infact he was hittin on me, thats why i moved down to Kansas City, to get away from him since he wanted his way w/ me so badly.
    thanks pat, i was just over at that kid's house yesterday, nice image, good thing he doesn't browse here anymore, well, at least untill school starts, next week...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You just never know when I'll pop in, do you Pat?

Consider it by luck that you moved to Kansas. So have the locals called you a poser yet since you were building that 20" to huck t3h gn@r?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast