When in doubt, go faster

What is flatlands?

What the subject said.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Huh? You mean "flatland" like as a style of riding???

This is flatland...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...flatland&hl=en

When in doubt, go faster
    Well that was... one long trick. borring after a few seconds but cool too watch!

tuck-n-roll master
    flatland takes some serious balance. that guy from the clip was a little boring, but watching someone who is really good at flatland will blow your mind. most of us just think of our bikes as having one orientation to the ground (wheels down, handlebars up). flatland guys will turn their bikes over, to the side, and and in any other combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

flatland.

it just came to me. the only reason why flatland is cool is that its so easy to find some sweet **** to session.

dude, check out that empty parking lot... that **** is gnarly.

hey, check out that empty tennis court... dang niigga!!

woah dude. check out that flat patch of pavement. lets get down with the sickness.

hellllaaaa!!!!

tuck-n-roll master
    alright haters... maybe you'll enjoy this.

Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

I post too much.
    A pro practices in old quebec, I can go see him during the summer. He's cool to watch

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement_hurts
    Yeah, that clip is much better. I just threw up the first one I could find. Yeah, flatland is crazy. In my opinion, it's right up there with trials as the bike disciplines requiring the most skill. I wish they still had flatland at the X-Games.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    A pro practices in old quebec, I can go see him during the summer. He's cool to watch

nice. (damn, I feel like borat everytime I say that now...)

How is riding up in French Canuckistan? (sorry, no offense, just had to say it, but I dig CA for sure). I have a friend who is attending a college up there, I'd like to make it up there for some street sessions one of these years... see the old towns and attempt to shred'em.

Flatland is also effin' huge in Japan as well. Lots of dudes in the parks tearin' up shoes to some boomboxes on their quamens... it's cool.
    Schralp it Heavy.

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    nice. (damn, I feel like borat everytime I say that now...)

How is riding up in French Canuckistan? (sorry, no offense, just had to say it, but I dig CA for sure). I have a friend who is attending a college up there, I'd like to make it up there for some street sessions one of these years... see the old towns and attempt to shred'em.

Flatland is also effin' huge in Japan as well. Lots of dudes in the parks tearin' up shoes to some boomboxes on their quamens... it's cool.
    Riding is pretty much dead right now... too cold to do anything, plus my bike has completely been torn apart. I'm pretty much ready to build up the NemPro. Brad told me it would probably reach me a bit before my b-day which is in two weeks.

Which college does he attend? Who knows, I may be attending the same one :P. There definitely is some sick street riding around here, especially in the old city, stair gaps, fortifications and all, there's a bmx track which is really cool too. A few jumps here and there that I know of. 45 minutes' drive from here there's Mont Sainte-Anne which you may know from the world cup downhill, there is a 4x track up there with miles and miles of XC too, not too sure whether there are lots jumps there apart from the 4x track as I've never had a chance to go there over the summer. There is a lot to do in downtown Montreal as well, there's an indoor skatepark somewhat like Ray's(never been there, but I'm planning on taking the NemPro there for it's maiden ride, it's 2.5 hours drive from here.)

Anyway satori, if you ever come up, hit me up, and if I can make it, I'll try show you around as much as I can.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    Riding is pretty much dead right now... too cold to do anything, plus my bike has completely been torn apart. I'm pretty much ready to build up the NemPro. Brad told me it would probably reach me a bit before my b-day which is in two weeks.

Which college does he attend? Who knows, I may be attending the same one :P. There definitely is some sick street riding around here, especially in the old city, stair gaps, fortifications and all, there's a bmx track which is really cool too. A few jumps here and there that I know of. 45 minutes' drive from here there's Mont Sainte-Anne which you may know from the world cup downhill, there is a 4x track up there with miles and miles of XC too, not too sure whether there are lots jumps there apart from the 4x track as I've never had a chance to go there over the summer. There is a lot to do in downtown Montreal as well, there's an indoor skatepark somewhat like Ray's(never been there, but I'm planning on taking the NemPro there for it's maiden ride, it's 2.5 hours drive from here.)

Anyway satori, if you ever come up, hit me up, and if I can make it, I'll try show you around as much as I can.

right on, sounds like some fun, I'd def. let you know if I was swingin' through the area, but doesn't look like it'd be for a while right now.
    btw- my friend is a female and she is apparantly studying fashion in Montreal, can't remember the college name off the top of my head...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Glad to Be Alive
    strait on skills......
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

is down to roll...
    Now that "flatland" riding has been defined, how much influence does flatland have on mountain biking? Would "flatland mountain biking" be a oxymoron? What flatland tricks and moves translate over to mtb? In flatland, doesn't a chain or linked-tricks end once the 2nd wheel touch ground? Discuss.
    : )

tuck-n-roll master
    Quote Originally Posted by East Bay Rich
    Now that "flatland" riding has been defined, how much influence does flatland have on mountain biking? Would "flatland mountain biking" be a oxymoron? What flatland tricks and moves translate over to mtb? In flatland, doesn't a chain or linked-tricks end once the 2nd wheel touch ground? Discuss.
    : )
    I think that the only thing it translates into in 26" terms is bike control and manuals. If you have bike control like that, you should be able to move around any bike. Your balance would be awesome. I don't think that 26"s will ever have a place in flatland though. I think that a chain of tricks ends once you just start riding the bike normally or fall.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement_hurts

I had no idea those kinda tricks where physically possible.