mtbr member
    Mar 2004

What do you guys think of this new GT Lopes 55

I've owned a few GT's in the past, but none since all their financial woes. This new Lopes 55 looks pretty good... http://www.sicklines.com/2006/09/20/2007-gt-lopes-55/

To "Air" Is Human
    Wow...MSRP of $2,499.99...that hurts! I'll ride it next week and tell you what I think.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Agency
    Wow...MSRP of $2,499.99...that hurts! I'll ride it next week and tell you what I think.
    Yeouch, didn't realize it was that pricey! Guess GT thought they needed a high priced model to pump the image up. I'm sure its a nice bike, but there are lots of other options that fall well under that price!

I post too much.
    Looks like a very 4x oriented bike.

mtbr remember
    does a life-size, poseable, remote-control figure of Brian Lopes come with that bike? oh, no....... damn, that's a rip off then.

Guess GT thought...
    nope

I still don't understand the concept/benefits of their "cross-triangle" seat-tube/seatstay junction.... ? trying as hard as they can to hang on to any shred of their great heritage will probably only rip off their arms at this point.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Ya I call them garbage trucks for a reason.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    thats so freakin ugly

theres no way thats the price for that thing

tuck-n-roll master
    As my father once said, "That's a whole lot of ugly."

mtbr member
    if I puked and then swallowed it, it would still be a better feeling than looking at that bike.
    woooooooooo

Portland, OR
    its just for the image. I do complete 4X with my P.2 ...its like a total of $1100.00 when I've got all my nice parts on there. plus my stance will outlast that zocchi anyday . I mean, 2400.00 bones. thats a lot of dough, get something cheaper and build it up nice. I mean think about it, 07 P.3 with a pike and saints would still be cheaper than that bike.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    its just for the image. I do complete 4X with my P.2 ...its like a total of $1100.00 when I've got all my nice parts on there. plus my stance will outlast that zocchi anyday . I mean, 2400.00 bones. thats a lot of dough, get something cheaper and build it up nice. I mean think about it, 07 P.3 with a pike and saints would still be cheaper than that bike.
    your stance will outlast that zocchi anyday, huh? big words comin' from your keyboard, with nothing I see to back it up. same with your "p frame vs. everything" argument we see you post everywhere... Is the P bike not just image as well? what makes it so good that you compare it with everything possible?
    we've all got opinions, but sometimes your posts seem to astonish me...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    your stance will outlast that zocchi anyday, huh? big words comin' from your keyboard, with nothing I see to back it up. same with your "p frame vs. everything" argument we see you post everywhere... Is the P bike not just image as well? what makes it so good that you compare it with everything possible?
    we've all got opinions, but sometimes your posts seem to astonish me...
    well lets see here. 05 Dropoff comp *broken* 05 66 *broken* 03 Z.1 *broken* 05 Stance Static ...ridden just as hard, and not broken. seriously SSV is the worst idea ever. I dont even ride very hard, why have all my zocchi's failed me and none of them warrentied ? ohh almost forgot to mention my 2 2003 DJ iii forks that I cracked. stance (static) has never given me a problem. got a little stiff on a-line though.

as for the P. bike. bugger off ass hat. all I was saying is that you can make/get a very capable 4X bike W/O spending for a GT. the 07 P.3 is something that I would like to have, so thats the first thing that came to mind.

chill out dude

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How could a bike designed and ridden by a World Champion like Lopes be junk? I have a feeling that a lot of people are just bagging on it only because its a GT. Lopes probably wouldn't be able to win on the bike if it weren't pretty damn nice.

But I agree, probably not worth the money... but I wouldn't call it junk.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    well lets see here. 05 Dropoff comp *broken* 05 66 *broken* 03 Z.1 *broken* 05 Stance Static ...ridden just as hard, and not broken. seriously SSV is the worst idea ever. I dont even ride very hard, why have all my zocchi's failed me and none of them warrentied ? ohh almost forgot to mention my 2 2003 DJ iii forks that I cracked. stance (static) has never given me a problem. got a little stiff on a-line though.

as for the P. bike. bugger off ass hat. all I was saying is that you can make/get a very capable 4X bike W/O spending for a GT. the 07 P.3 is something that I would like to have, so thats the first thing that came to mind.

chill out dude

chill out.. hmmm... ? seems that you were the one who just had an aneurism when I asked you to back up your strongly stated opinions.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    chill out.. hmmm... ? seems that you were the one who just had an aneurism when I asked you to back up your strongly stated opinions.
    whatever bro, youre the one who called me out in the first place. if youre going to post sh!t trying to call me out all the time, dont bother. all you do is bring negative comments to the board. my first post meant no harm, just saying I would rather spend my money elsewhare. you need to stop exploding every change you get at me

if you want to argue the idea of buying a cheaper bike, and building with stuff YOU want VS paying a really high price or OEM or stuff that came on that bike is better. then go ahead and try. just that complete bike .. personally...its not worth 2400.00

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1