mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Urban/Street bike

I'm in the market for an urban/street bike. I'd like to use something other than my 29er and save that for the single track. I really have no clue where to start, but I've been looking at the Airborne Wingman.

Airborne Bicycles. Wingman

I'd like to keep the price in the $500-$650 range. Anyone else have any other ideas? I've really never looked for a straight up street bike before. I'm 6'1" and around 200lbs if that matters any.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have been eyeing this bike a lot as well. I discovered there is a guy in colorado who is active here that has one and he has made some good reviews on it. but I dont want a salesman review as his was super technical lol no offense. I am looking for a hardened riders review and what they really thik of it. I currently have a scott voltage tmo but am looking to add another to the collection. I was told bikes are all the same nowadays considering the frames are all pretty much the same but th wingman looks way different, which i like, and possibly a little stronger seeing as how the tubes arent round like most. then again a squared tube also is prone to stress cracks like round tubes.

so i want a true opinion on one it doesnt seem there are many people on forums that ride them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fripple View Post
    I'm in the market for an urban/street bike. I'd like to use something other than my 29er and save that for the single track. I really have no clue where to start, but I've been looking at the Airborne Wingman.

Airborne Bicycles. Wingman

I'd like to keep the price in the $500-$650 range. Anyone else have any other ideas? I've really never looked for a straight up street bike before. I'm 6'1" and around 200lbs if that matters any.
    do you mean for 'urban/street' like bmx-style street on a DJ-mtb like this?:
    Martin Söderström early spring 2008 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I think he means like that.. I'm talking about legit dirt jumping

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    do u want a single speed?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    looks like a really nice beginner bike