mtbr member

Urban Assault rims

Hey guys, I'm building a 24" wheelset for my Banshee Scratch. My 26" EX729s will go on my Morphine. What rims do you guys thoink are the best for urban and some dirtjumping. I ride fairly hard urban (alot of gaps and drops to flat concrete, 180's, stairgaps, etc). I want 24"s obviosly because I want the small size but also I know that a 24" rim is stronger than the same model 26" rim. So here is some rims I'm looking at. I dont want the weight of the new 24"s to be more than the weight of my 26" ex729s (675g).
    So here is a few rims I have found. Oh ya, I want them to be 36h. Sun Ryno lite XL, Sun MTX, Arrow FRX. Any comments on those or other suggestions?

I post too much.
    Atomlab pimp in 24inches, 36h with torque nipple. My 26's won't budge.

mtbr member
    do i need atomlab hubs to use tourque nips?

mtbr member
    I know im sounding inapropriate and immature here.. but tourque nipple is the sweetest thing ive heard in a while... im sorry go back to the rims now.. lol
    woooooooooo

Just Ride
    mtx's are awesome, build them super high tension and run high tire pressure and you'll never have to touch them, especially with 24"

I post too much.
    Weird, I hate my MTX's, they are way too soft. They are strong, but the alloy is soft so they bend really easily... pretty much like every other sun product I've ever seen.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Friend of mine has been running the DMR D/V 24" rims with good results.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

mtbr member
    Do I have to run tourque nipples with the pimps? I probly wont be getting the Atomlab hubs either. I used to hear that Ryno-lites were good for street? That true? If not I'll probly just decide betwwen the pimps and MTX

Just Ride
    i can see the mtx's being soft and bendy if not built properly. like i said, high tension build, high pressure tires. ive had them on my street bike for....a year in a half probably and ive harldy had to true them. i'm running them in my secret agent fraem wehre i have milimeters of clearance and am hardly worried about hitting them on something and bending them that little bit that they'll hit the frame. awesome rims in my oppion.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Pimps and Pimplites come in both standard and torque nipple versions.

Rhyno Lite XL can take a decent beating as long as you keep the spokes tight. I mostly ride them and Mammoths. They have up to all but the most abusive riding.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL