mtbr member

Turkey Day DJ videos

Some videos of the local HouTex crew hitting up our DJ's this weekend. Some are poor quality. My camera is not the best in the filtered light.

Train on the main line

Me hitting the big hip

Another view of Me hittign the big hip

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    is that somewhere in memorial park? I live on the NW side of Houston and was thinking about getting a bike. I used to ride bmx all the time. What kind of bikes are you guys riding out there?

mtbr member
    The location is top secret and technically 'does not exist'. First rule of DJ Club is not to talk about DJ Club. LOL! I can tell you that no, they are not at or near Memorial. It's a really fun place and there's alot more out there than just what you see in the vids.

We get mostly guys on hucker type mtb's. Specialized P series, Kona's, Banshee, Felt, Hardtails, full suspension rigs, you name it and it's out there. I'm an ex-bmxer and XC mtb racer myself. I love my hucker bike. It's great for just about any type of riding. There are so many options and you can spend as much as you want to. We do get some kids and older guys on bmxers but not a bunch. You need something heavy duty that's made for jumping. An XC bike will just not stand up to the abuse. A new guy showed up over the weekend on a Specialized Blur. He was hitting it up pretty well but crashed and tore his bike all up.

Do some shopping, get a bike, and let's go. Do you still have your bmxer? Send me a PM and we can talk further

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    the anthills are top secret?

someone forgot to tell GHORBA

mtbr member
    Nope. Not the Anthills.

LS1-where on the NW? I'm near Jersey Village.

h-town hucker
    nice riding TXhucker. i missed out. oh well. i spent the whole week riding out there.

mtbr remember
    that hip looks so fun, where you go down into the ground, then just pop up and out... damn, wish I could check it out... little "S" line looks nice too...
    Schralp it Heavy.

h-town hucker
    the hip is kick-a$$. the little s-line is small but technical.

hey TXhucker, you gotta do the beast and post it on here... i'll see if i can find my video of me on it.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice stuff...I know that place...it is in Alaska
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i sold my standard sta 500 a while back. Every heard of the bowl or ant hills?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    TXhucker. I'm like 5 minutes away from Jersey Village. 290/Fairbanks

mtbr member
    Yes sir! I love that hip. Now that the lip is fixed it is smooooov. You just launch and float across kicking the back out some. So much fun. I must have hit that thing 20 times on Friday.

SandyP1...the fellas were saying that if I can make the hip I can easily hit the Beast. I don't know man. That thing scares me. Memories of jumps gone wrong and the resulting pain keeps me at a distance. The hip seems like it would be more forgiving if you get squirrely. n8 crashed the hip and jacked up his shoulder on Friday morning. Graham is now hitting the main line on his Stinky and making it look easy. The first time he made it through, he was just yelling with glee. It was funny.

We were also talking about going back to Adrenaline on Thursday now that soccer is over. Whatcha think? Supposed to be wet and cold this Thursday.

h-town hucker
    the beast is just like the mainline, except bigger. adrenaline is a maybe. idk tho since school is still going on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TXhucker
    Nope. Not the Anthills.

LS1-where on the NW? I'm near Jersey Village.
    word. guess it just looks similar to some other pics and videos i've seen of the anthills, never actually been there.