Thread: tubeless??

!snotrocket!

tubeless??

I was out for a ride at our local collage the other night when I cased a ledge with my rear wheel... ssssss. big ol' snake bite and only one patch left in my kit, so I got a nice long walk back to my truck past all the killer spots. that's when I thought why not run tubeless on my dj rig. I've run tubless on my trail bikes for years so I know I need the right rim/tire combo. anyone doing this? if so what is your set up? getto? stans? what rim? what tire?
    Last edited by rottendan; 01-20-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    coastin' along

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I don't think they would stand up to the abuse. If you land hard or like to spin a lot you would probably blow them right off the rim. What bike did you get?

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    do it. im talkin to a few guys whove gone tubeless on trials bikes. they normally do the 1/2 tube with rim strip way since trials rim have big holes in them

!snotrocket!
    Quote Originally Posted by the kraken View Post
    I don't think they would stand up to the abuse. If you land hard or like to spin a lot you would probably blow them right off the rim. What bike did you get?
    what's up Dan? I built up a eastern t- bird halo rims and dmr bits and pieces, super fun bike. I've landed hard into corners before and have burped a tire but, I have never blown one off or to complete deflation. looks like the alienation bmx co. is coming out with a tubeless rim tire combo. so if those guys can keep it on the rim... I think I might be o.k. just got to give it a try.
    coastin' along

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hey what up man? I still think landing crooked would be a problem but idk maybe it would be ok. I have tubeless compatible wheels on my new dj-street ride but I'm hesitant to try it myself due to possible rim damage and/or personal injury. We should get together again to do some street riding. I'm also looking to build a pumptrack if you're interested.

btw, I just built this dartmoor up, 22 lbs of pure fun

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Oh and the last time I rode 4c's I got a flat too ha ha. Try running higher pressure, like 60 psi at least

!snotrocket!
    nice dartmoor!! tell you what, I'll be the guinea pig. I've got some 24' tubes and I'll go ahead and getto em' out. we'll see if they hold...
    got the pump track behind my house dialed 2 new lines and a reverse. pm sent
    echo24 thanks for the info! if trials riders are using tubeless, nuff' said
    coastin' along

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Sounds good! I have some extra 24" tubes if you need them.

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rottendan View Post
    nice dartmoor!! tell you what, I'll be the guinea pig. I've got some 24' tubes and I'll go ahead and getto em' out. we'll see if they hold...
    got the pump track behind my house dialed 2 new lines and a reverse. pm sent
    echo24 thanks for the info! if trials riders are using tubeless, nuff' said
    i know a couple of them glued the tire (theyre roadies too) and had the tube over lap the bead. also a good rim that locks the bead helps alot too

mtbr member
    Jan 2012