what do you guys know about this bike?

have you ridden it?

who sells it for cheap?

thanks, it looks like a sick bike!

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Double.cfm
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    That is a sick looking bike, but Id still rather still to hardtail for my DJ needs.
    woooooooooo

mtbr remember
    I don't think many people at all have ridden that frame. It was just recently debuted by Transition at Eurobike a month or so ago...

Does look very nice, but my only complaint is that they should have designed it with sliding rear dropouts for adjustable chainstay length so 24" wheels could be an option, which would be very nice on that bike IMO.

you can just place an order for it directly with the guys at Transition! I don't think any of their dealers are going to be offering cheaper prices yet.

another frame that is similar to check out is the MC Battery.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    i love the looks of the frame...but 7.6 pounds without the rear shock seems heavy to me? any one else think so?

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    i love the looks of the frame...but 7.6 pounds without the rear shock seems heavy to me? any one else think so?
    well... considering their ToP hardtail weighs in around, what is it, 6.8lbs or so? the 7.6 doesn't sound so unreasonable.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    well... considering their ToP hardtail weighs in around, what is it, 6.8lbs or so? the 7.6 doesn't sound so unreasonable.
    EDIT: i just took a look and i guess the 07 ToP frame is only 6.4lbs...not horrible
    ya i noticed that too. sick looking frames but pretty heavy. especially the ToP. i don't know maybe 7.6 lbs isn't too bad for an FS DJ frame but i don't know how i would like that.
    Last edited by ebfreerider510; 10-10-2006 at 06:57 PM.

mtbr member
    its 7.6 but there are a couple of diff shock options, manitou metal-r spv, fox rp23, and a marz roco air... i dont know the weights but im sure some are light

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    you could still get it built up in the low 30's with the right parts spec.. not too bad. if i recall correctly, the MC Battery is around 7lbs or so also. The thing is with transition is they make burly abusable bikes.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    you could still get it built up in the low 30's with the right parts spec.. not too bad. if i recall correctly, the MC Battery is around 7lbs or so also. The thing is with transition is they make burly abusable bikes.
    Don't do it Fiddy!! Hardtails are where it's at. Full squishy's are for hacks that don't know how to land without denting the earth.

mtbr member
    can someone give me a link to the mc battery bike, cuz i cant find it anywhere..

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    ya i like the sound of both the ToP and the Double. im actually pretty interested in a ToP frame because of the sizing and price. not sure if 6.4 lbs is heavier then what i want. since i may get a new stem/bars i could make up the few ounces there. man i've become a mad weight weeny

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman
    can someone give me a link to the mc battery bike, cuz i cant find it anywhere..

search for the Mountain Cycle Battery, not just mc... sorry, I don't have a link for ya'

btw- ebfreerider510 - absolutely nothing wrong with bein' a weight weenie, excuse that stupidazz term, I prefer calling it "knowing how to build a proper bike, not a tank"
    Schralp it Heavy.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    My ToP is 29lbs with DeeMax wheels. The "weight weenie" parts I guess would be the Sherman Firefly, I run aluminum cranks and it's a singlespeed.

So it's not a whale.

But I think the point of the Double is just to make a fun little ripper bike. I doubt you are going to see a bunch of people ditching the hardtail, but it sure would be a fun second bike. And the colors are nice.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    ya i like the sound of both the ToP and the Double. im actually pretty interested in a ToP frame because of the sizing and price. not sure if 6.4 lbs is heavier then what i want. since i may get a new stem/bars i could make up the few ounces there. man i've become a mad weight weeny

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Battery won't be available for some time... it has been kicking around as a prototype for almost 18 months, but only recently did the new MC owners decide to produce it.

I would bet it won't be out until spring.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Don't do it Fiddy!! Hardtails are where it's at. Full squishy's are for hacks that don't know how to land without denting the earth.
    no worries, i might just have to add it to the stable... looks as if ill have some spare change kickin around in the sometime near future.. or perhaps a custom nemesis....hmmmm...
    Last edited by fiddy_ryder; 10-10-2006 at 11:26 PM.

I post too much.
    Man, if I had money, I'd actually buy it like.. now.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    Man, if I had money, I'd actually buy it like.. now.

I'd rather have a Bottle Rocket (oh yeah, off topic, but scratch the BR, make it a sinister passion!!!!!) if I had the money, since I already have a dedicated Street/dj bike and a 4.5" Turner Rail... and if I ever did decide to devote some funding towards a 26" dj'er, it would be a hardtail. I think the Double is a very niche oriented bike for sure, or for those who are just looking to add one more tiny missing link to their stable... not trying to say not get the bike, just throwin' out my situation I guess... and also, just the fact that you can run a Cowan DS as a single speed almost puts it one notch above the double in my opinion, one very very small notch, haha....
    Schralp it Heavy.

I post too much.
    I'd love to have a nice 4'' FS play bike I could do some more stunts and light downhill on though. A bottle rocket would probably be too much bike for me.

mtbr member
    i think it looks like on of the best 4x bikes around, not to mention you can dj with it!

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    I'd love to have a nice 4'' FS play bike I could do some more stunts and light downhill on though. A bottle rocket would probably be too much bike for me.
    The reality is a bike like that would totally suck for light DH. Coming from a guy that's tried the whole 4x bike thing, don't do it.

local trails rider
    Probably it is too heavy for competitive 4X but it might be just the thing for Slope Style.

Just Ride
    i'm lookin at gettin one perhaps for 4x and slalom and all taht jazz. lookin very hard at getting one. angles match up pretty simliarly to my street bike so that makes it even more appealing. we'll see though....

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    you guys complain waayyyyy to much. the double is fine for dirtjumping and if i get the money it is on my list of things to buy and its first. bottle rocket is an ideal slopestyle bike, but id just use a double for that too

local trails rider
    Just looked at the geometry spec again and it occurred to me that it would be a good companion to my Banshee Scirocco ... get a long seat tube and ride rough trails XC on it ... maybe even SS with a pretty regular tensioner ...