mtbr member
    Jun 2010

tips for keeping front wheel up?

I just got to where I can clear the table top on my local DJ run but I'm landing in the transition with my front wheel first then my rear wheel a moment later. Anybody got a tip on how to keep the front end up higher longer so I can land either with both wheels together or the rear slightly before the front? I'm afraid if I start to overshoot on my current arc I'm going to be in a full nose dive.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I had a similar problem with being comfortable in the air...... Changed my bars to a different rise, no more problems..... Bike fits me better, therefore I jump better and smoother

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetdog View Post
    I just got to where I can clear the table top on my local DJ run but I'm landing in the transition with my front wheel first then my rear wheel a moment later. Anybody got a tip on how to keep the front end up higher longer so I can land either with both wheels together or the rear slightly before the front? I'm afraid if I start to overshoot on my current arc I'm going to be in a full nose dive.
    It sounds like you're doing the "lawn dart.". If you watch some trails bmx videos you'll notice that even guys who are going high and nosediving are pretty balanced in the air, they tuck in and dive only at the end. If you're over your front end too much right from the lip, you're gonna lawn dart. Shift your weight or stance back on your bike so that it's on your feet not your hands. Your weight should be over your bottom bracket or even a little behind it. This allows your front end to come up first off the lip.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I agree with cmc4130 definitely.. You could try moving your bars back too