Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    notabouttoseeyourlight
    Reputation: coma13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,671

    sweet a$$ nemesis deal!!!

    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ServeEm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    902
    Damn, that's a smoking deal!! Wish I had the bread, but my money's spent on everyone else's presents. esh...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil4bc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,116

    pic's for clicks

    I went out yesterday and got some shots of one of the frame kit's available in our Holiday sale !!

    Here's a pic of the frame , Shadow Conspiracy Cassette hub W/ 12t driver and fork( 06" Z-1 pictured for reference , kit's comes with 07"z-1 sport in all black )



    Detail pic of Shadow Conspiracy Cassette


    Detail pic of our CNC'd dropouts on the DeathMobile frame ... oh so clean


    Detail pic's of headtube on DeathMobile


    Detail pic of Gen : 2 seatstay area
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

  4. #4
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    Wahhhh! Every time I see that fork, I get upset!

    BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD ONE, AND MY BIKE WON'T RIDE RIGHT WITH IT! AND WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT AND USE IT, IT WON'T BE PRODUCED ANYMORE!
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  5. #5
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,516
    Why don't you reduce the travel on your DJ? You've only asked a few dozen times... Besides, it's up to the rider, not the bike.

  6. #6
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,448
    Sweet stuff Brad!! And quite a sexy price tag as well.

  7. #7
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    Problems about that:

    1) The spacer stuff hasn't really worked out. I've never been able to talk to the guy who does it, the bike shop guy apparantly won't do it at the shop for me (he doesn't want to be held liable if it breaks), so basically I've gotta talk to Brad for a reduction kit.

    2) A friend of mine whose judgement on bikes I trust a lot on bikes pointed out to me "my frame is meant for around a 100 mm fork"

    3) Did I mention my old man is being faschist about doing it? Unless I can find a guy who'll do it with spacers, I can't exactly order something from Brad under his (my dad's) nose . . without conducting some stuff that will make him four or five times as mad if he finds out I went to all the trouble to make sure he didn't find out I was getting a fork job done and using all my money . . .

    Jesus fvcking christ, I'm such a loser . . .
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  8. #8
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    Problems about that:

    1) The spacer stuff hasn't really worked out. I've never been able to talk to the guy who does it, the bike shop guy apparantly won't do it at the shop for me (he doesn't want to be held liable if it breaks), so basically I've gotta talk to Brad for a reduction kit.

    2) A friend of mine whose judgement on bikes I trust a lot on bikes pointed out to me "my frame is meant for around a 100 mm fork"

    3) Did I mention my old man is being faschist about doing it? Unless I can find a guy who'll do it with spacers, I can't exactly order something from Brad under his (my dad's) nose . . without conducting some stuff that will make him four or five times as mad if he finds out I went to all the trouble to make sure he didn't find out I was getting a fork job done and using all my money . . .

    Jesus fvcking christ, I'm such a loser . . .
    Why don't you take apart your fork? I'm sure Brad could help you with some step by step instructions. But I figure it can't be too hard. You'll need a few wrenches, fresh oil, some kind of pan to put the old oil in.(That'll give your fork a nice oil change while you're at it.) Plus while the fork is opened up you can change the rebound internally if you think it's either too slow or too fast.

    Edit: You do know how to remove the fork from your bike right? Although it might not be needed, it's always a good thing to know. Easier to carry around than the whole bike.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry

    2) A friend of mine whose judgement on bikes I trust a lot on bikes pointed out to me "my frame is meant for around a 100 mm fork"
    What do you want to lower it to? I have a 100mm on my Bruiser right now, which is ok, but I'd prefer 80, or even lower. Just try to lower it yourself. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Let us know how it goes.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    742
    Must... resist... urge ... to... add... 5th bike... to.... stable.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: paintballeerXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,972
    if i hadnt just bought the yeti and im now $700 in the hole....... only if

  12. #12
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,416
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    .... "my frame is meant for around a 100 mm fork" ...
    now, is your friend trying to tell me that some mass production company knows what geometry i like better than i do? do not listen to that nonsence. the frames are designed with the 100mm for geometry purposes, so they can hit thier intended target....

    besides, a fork that runs at 65mm doesn't have very much sag. mine is pumped up so much, it has none. it sits at a point where a 100mm fork usually does while it's in it's sag or just a minimal amount into it's travel. now where is the real difference that your friend was trying to "warn" you about.....


  13. #13
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    Very nice...


    side note:
    You really should learn the proper use of an apostrophe. It looks bad when you abuse them. A forum is one thing, but on a business website, it's probably not a good idea to let it go.
    http://www.sunysuffolk.edu/Web/Selde...apostrophe.htm
    http://www.users.bigpond.com/J_fersOffice/sample.htm
    http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

  14. #14
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,416
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    ...side note:
    You really should learn the proper use of an apostrophe....
    haha. brad hodge's suck's at using punctuation at the proper time's....


  15. #15
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,516
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    Problems about that:

    1) The spacer stuff hasn't really worked out. I've never been able to talk to the guy who does it, the bike shop guy apparantly won't do it at the shop for me (he doesn't want to be held liable if it breaks), so basically I've gotta talk to Brad for a reduction kit.

    2) A friend of mine whose judgement on bikes I trust a lot on bikes pointed out to me "my frame is meant for around a 100 mm fork"

    3) Did I mention my old man is being faschist about doing it? Unless I can find a guy who'll do it with spacers, I can't exactly order something from Brad under his (my dad's) nose . . without conducting some stuff that will make him four or five times as mad if he finds out I went to all the trouble to make sure he didn't find out I was getting a fork job done and using all my money . . .

    Jesus fvcking christ, I'm such a loser . . .
    No sh!t. Most shops won't do it. Plus you're a whiney little kid, that makes them not want to do it even more, hell, they probably don't even want to talk to you. We do stuff for certain people that we normally wouldn't do at our shop. And the only reason we do any of it is because we know that those people won't try to sue us.

    You've been walked through the process several times. And you've PMed me a couple times. It should take a completely incompetent moron no more than an hour to do it. All in all, it's about 20 bucks of stuff you need.

    Btw, it's spelled FASCIST. A fascist is a follower of facism. Fascism is a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

    And if your dad is all that, tell him to shove it.

    I still haven't seen any picture of you riding your bike.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    now, is your friend trying to tell me that some mass production company knows what geometry i like better than i do? do not listen to that nonsence. the frames are designed with the 100mm for geometry purposes, so they can hit thier intended target....

    besides, a fork that runs at 65mm doesn't have very much sag. mine is pumped up so much, it has none. it sits at a point where a 100mm fork usually does while it's in it's sag or just a minimal amount into it's travel. now where is the real difference that your friend was trying to "warn" you about.....
    the fact that its an old 130mm not 100mm marzo dj3. and yes im that friend and the bike rides like crap (sorry due, just imo) but is usable. my brother ran that setup for years before he got his mob, and he still is running an unlowered marzo fork on that (soon to be slammed)

  17. #17
    What are you looking at?
    Reputation: R1D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    951
    How much does just a tuned z1 cost?
    Orange Heckler

    Blue Pinscher

  18. #18
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    I don't take a camera with me riding. I understand what I'm supposed to do, but I really don't trust myself to do the fork job.

    Will, you honestly think i'm a lying poser, don't you? Don't be calling me a whiney kid if you don't know me personally. Maybe I act whiney to you, but just because I don't buy all my stuff and do all my bike repairs doesn't make me that.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  19. #19
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    I don't take a camera with me riding. I understand what I'm supposed to do, but I really don't trust myself to do the fork job.

    Will, you honestly think i'm a lying poser, don't you? Don't be calling me a whiney kid if you don't know me personally. Maybe I act whiney to you, but just because I don't buy all my stuff and do all my bike repairs doesn't make me that.
    A year ago all I could do was lube properly my chain. Now I can setup a whole geared drivetrain, lube my headset and hubs and even true my wheels some if the wobble isn't to big. I can make adjustements to my disc brakes, although I have not tried bleeding them yet(I will over the winter though). Furthermore, I taught myself how to completely remove a fork, without having my internal headset fall to pieces on the floor. Heck, I'd probably be able to do an oil change in my fork if I felt the need to, give me a manual and an hour.

    My point is, I learned all of that by myself, asking questions around, and it really is the only way to learn. You know you've completely grasped something when you can do it with your own hands and head, and even teach it to others. If you gave your fork a try, if worse comes to worse, all you'll have to do is order up the original parts of the fork if you broke any, and put it back together like it was before, and ask somebody to assist you so you can do your second time right.

    I'm not bagging on you, just giving some constructive criticism here. You really should give it at least a try, and if it doesn't work, well just too bad, it's not the end of the world.

  20. #20
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    That's how I feel too. I could try and explain why I wouldn't do that, but I'd only make myself sound more and more like a pansy loser mama's boy.

    ooh! I just got an idea! I've got a friend who has a spare fork that he doesn't want or need (and probably nobody else, either: an MX comp). Maybe I could reduce his and see what happens! Then, if it breaks, no one cares!

    Does it matter what kind of oil I put back in the fork, as long as it is good fork oil?
    Last edited by dirtyharry; 11-24-2006 at 07:40 PM.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  21. #21
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    That's how I feel too. I could try and explain why I wouldn't do that, but I'd only make myself sound more and more like a pansy loser mama's boy.

    ooh! I just got an idea! I've got a friend who has a spare fork that he doesn't want or need (and probably nobody else, either: an MX comp). Maybe I could reduce his and see what happens! Then, if it breaks, no one cares!

    Does it matter what kind of oil I put back in the fork, as long as it is good fork oil?
    Stock marzocchi oil is 7.5wt, make sure you use anti-foaming oil, it'll be cheaper to buy it fromand MX store than a bike shop too.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Why don't you reduce the travel on your DJ? You've only asked a few dozen times... Besides, it's up to the rider, not the bike.
    he kindadoes have a point zach, my dirt jumping bike till i was 11 was a giant mtx 225 with 21 gears no discs or suspension. that thing had a choppered out fork and a 1 inch beartrap headset and i was hitting bigger jumps than you on it. when i was 8 i waqs hitting the biggest one in the small dj area where you dwell. not to mention my brother rode his bruiser into the ground with that exact dj on it and he hit rms after being off bike for 2 months cold turkey, first hit of the day. it is the rider, not the bike.

  23. #23
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    I really need to stop bringing this up. It ends up being a sore subject.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  24. #24
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by R1D3R
    How much does just a tuned z1 cost?
    Email or PM Brad for info.

  25. #25
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,257
    mmmm tasty. spanish bb?

    too bad mommy and daddy told me that santa claus refuses to put anything under the xmas tree that says "death" on it... can you rename mine the "Happymobile"?
    Schralp it Heavy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •