mtbr member

New question here. Survey: Which direction do you whip? Which way do you spin?

I wonder, is there is a link or pattern between which side riders feel more comfortable whipping and which direction they feel more confident in spinning?

I whip to my right and feel like it might be easier to spin left/counter-clockwise, but that goes against my usual skate and snow spins to the right/clockwise. Does it have much to do with which foot is forward?

Reply with your preference with each and let's see if there is a trend.

mtbr member
    I am more comfortable spinning in the same direction as when I used to skateboard. Which is to the left. I do spend a lot of time learning to spin in the opposite direction though to teach myself better balance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeytonP View Post
    I wonder, is there is a link or pattern between which side riders feel more comfortable whipping and which direction they feel more confident in spinning?

I whip to my right and feel like it might be easier to spin left/counter-clockwise, but that goes against my usual skate and snow spins to the right/clockwise. Does it have much to do with which foot is forward?

Reply with your preference with each and let's see if there is a trend.
    it definitely depends a lot on your stance (which foot forward). check this out, it starts a little slow in the beginning but gets really really good.

How To Moto Whip/Chase Hawk - YouTube

if you ride left foot forward and right foot back, then spinnin clockwise for 360s is the most natural. and same with whips, clockwise.

mtbr member
    I spin to my right WAY better than my left.

My whip depends on my direction of flow when I hit the lip. But it is smoother when I whip out to my right