Thread: Supercross MX26

AW_
    locked - time out

Supercross MX26

Has anyone seen these frames? I bought one on ebay yesterday, looked pretty sweet for the price. I was looking for something steel, cheap, singlespeed, bmx-ish feel and ran across this. Pretty excited to have a hardtail urban / dj bike again.

Manufacturer site:
    http://www.supercrossbmx.com/mx26detail.html

There is another one on Ebay right now too:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-BARGAI...QQcmdZViewItem

mtbr remember
    the chainstays are a little long for my tastes as a street bike (almost an in. longer actually), but at that price, not bad at all! very light frame to... but, won't be needing the ISCG mount if you run SS... nice buy, show us some pics once you get'er built up.

check this one out I just saw a couple of days back:
    http://www.unrealcycles.com/gallery_...+Urban+Assault
    Last edited by BikeSATORI; 10-17-2006 at 01:13 PM.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    That big should feel pretty good DJing or riding Park. For street it will be fine, but bunny hopping might be a little bit of a pain.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

Portland, OR
    those are pretty sexy. I wish I even had the cash to get one now.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatemybike
    bunny hopping might be a little bit of a pain.
    Why??

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by AW_
    Why??
    it's all relative... if you start out on that frame (vs. swapping from another street specific bike), and get used to that bike like it's an extension of your body, you'll have no problem. But, just the fact that it has 16.5" cs's means it was designed to be more stable rather than have pop or be a manual machine. the cs's on my frame are slammed at 15.5 right now... just for comparison, some are shorter, some are longer, avg. is under 16 though...
    no biggie, doesn't mean you can't bunny hop with it!

remember we were talking about our Turner Rails in another thread? well, the Rail has 16.6" cs's, which is somewhat short for a FS bike, but, maybe you'll be able to remember what it felt like. and your Bottle Rocket, it's 16.8. ok, this FS vs hardtail thing is kind of a horrible comparison, but you get the idea at geometry differences.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    im seriously thinking about getting one too....such a good price and everything looks good.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    it's all relative... if you start out on that frame (vs. swapping from another street specific bike), and get used to that bike like it's an extension of your body, you'll have no problem. But, just the fact that it has 16.5" cs's means it was designed to be more stable rather than have pop or be a manual machine. the cs's on my frame are slammed at 15.5 right now... just for comparison, some are shorter, some are longer, avg. is under 16 though...
    no biggie, doesn't mean you can't bunny hop with it!

remember we were talking about our Turner Rails in another thread? well, the Rail has 16.6" cs's, which is somewhat short for a FS bike, but, maybe you'll be able to remember what it felt like. and your Bottle Rocket, it's 16.8. ok, this FS vs hardtail thing is kind of a horrible comparison, but you get the idea at geometry differences.
    Cool... thanks. I did not realize short cs better for bunny hop as well. No matter.... it is going to bunny hop a lot better than a FS bike, which I am used to. I have to check out a super short CS bike sometime... never ridden anything shorter than 16.5 cs on a 26" bike.