mtbr member
    Nov 2004

SUPER long Pump track/BMX frame?

I'm 6'5" and looking for a frame suitable for PT / occassional BMX racing. Not interested in dirt jumping or ever being mroe than 2-3' off the ground. So, no reason it can't be a little bit light.

I see a lot of DJ frames out there with 21-22" TT but not sure that's cut it without a silly long stem. I've also learned that companies measure very differently. I'm also interested in a frame in the 16" ST range. There is no way in hell my 36'' inseem will ever let my ass touch the saddle on the 12" frames.

Any thoughts on frames for monsters?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot2001 View Post
    I'm 6'5" and looking for a frame suitable for PT / occassional BMX racing. Not interested in dirt jumping or ever being mroe than 2-3' off the ground. So, no reason it can't be a little bit light.

I see a lot of DJ frames out there with 21-22" TT but not sure that's cut it without a silly long stem. I've also learned that companies measure very differently. I'm also interested in a frame in the 16" ST range. There is no way in hell my 36'' inseem will ever let my ass touch the saddle on the 12" frames.

Any thoughts on frames for monsters?
    The 23" top tube TRANSITION Trail or Park is a sweet ride and I think it would fit you. It does have a real low seat tube though, so if you're wanting to sit down and pedal, it may not be the best.

You could also go custom from STANDARD or STOUT.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Why not go 24 incher...

..cheap way out is a Redline cruiser, not really the geo you might want, but lots of my friends who ride pump as a second to mt biking went for them for a few hundred bucks they are loving it and just maybe if you look around you can find a DK or another compnay with better geo on a 24

Just a thought!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Why not go 24 incher...

..cheap way out is a Redline cruiser, not really the geo you might want, but lots of my friends who ride pump as a second to mt biking went for them for a few hundred bucks they are loving it and just maybe if you look around you can find a DK or another compnay with better geo on a 24

Just a thought!
    24" Bmx is definitely a strong option. You do have to pay some attention to the root tube length on completes. For a while it seemed like most completes were 21.25" or 21.5"tt which will feel short. After market frames can be got in 21.75" like the Sunday Model C Large or 22"tt like the Sunday Wave C or the 22" and 22.25"tt Liquid (although they're not in production any more). The Specialized p24 might have been longer tt, I can't recall. The 2011/2012 Haro 24" seemed to be roomier.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    A 24" BMX bike is just too much of a jump from my stable of 29ers. I also want the flexibility of the light wt. DJ type bike in the event a get a short visitor in need of an MTB.

I ordered the Transition PBJ which offers the flexibility I was looking for. The Bank was also an option but the cost difference was enough to rule out a suspension fork.

Thanks!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    ^That's a great bike...
    ...good luck with her