mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Suburban/Traffic/Riot

Im looking at getting a NS suburban or Traffic or BLK MRKT riot. which one would be the best to get.. I need one that will fit a Race Face Evolve DH crank that i just got to go with a steelhead but i will not be getting one since the coulndt get my size and color so im on to option 2. any advice would be greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Having ridden all 3 - I would suggest Suburban.
    Its very light, very strong and has dialed geometry. With its super short chainstays and steep head-angle this frame makes technical moves so much easier! On top of all that they offer it in two wheel specific sizes 24" and 26" so geo is dialed what ever wheel size you prefer.
    www.ribbed.com.au have the 2008 models on sale for $350USD

But the new 09 models have a beefier rear end and wicked paint!

The worlds leading Street/Park/DJ MTB Online storefront.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    thats what i was leaning towards was the suburban...by any chance will a race face evolve DH crank work with this bike...also whats the big difference between the suburban and traffic besides tubing?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There are a few differences.
    The Traffic is basically the very popular 2007 NS Suburban. So its still quite light weight, but doesnt use the same triple butted sanko tubing as the 08/09 Suburban.
    Geometry is similar, but not quite as aggressive. The head angle is marginally slacker and the chainstays are a few mm longer.
    Yes your RaceFace evolve cranks will work no probs.

The worlds leading Street/Park/DJ MTB Online storefront.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If it were my choice, I'd go with the Suburban too...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    know zny online stores in the states that sells suburbans???

mtbr member
    May 2008

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i checked with them about a week ago about them all being on backorder and they said they had no clue when they would be in...i was hoping to get it in the next 2-3 weeks not 2-3 months...but thanks for letting me know i will email them again and see what they know...do you know of anywhere else by chance?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I got my frame from these guys in 6 working days... Everywhere else seems to be out.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/B...px?BrandID=658

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    +1 on the suburban. I work for BTI and we sell em, they are super sweet and I'll most likely be picking one up this next check