mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Stp SS with some upgrades

so i am still trying to get use to the hardtail it felt a bit short so i purchased some new parts to help out

straitline stem 50mm
    spank spike 777 bars now at 29.5
    Rock shox Argyle 318
    spank tweettweet chain
    e13 bash
    kenda k rad tire for rear to match front
    wtb saddle
    woodman qr clamp
    juicy 5 brakes
    transition 36 wheels
    lets see how it goes if not lepink or killswitch in near future.i like dullys better

new brake line on order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stp SS with some upgrades-dsc03339.jpg  

Stp SS with some upgrades-dsc03340.jpg  

11 Specialized SX
    09 Giant STP ss
    08 Santa Cruz V-10
    08 Mongoose Black diamond
    05 Cannondale Prophet

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Sweet ride you have there! Next year you need to bring that bike up to Wilmington, N.Y. to try out the new dirt jump park that was just built. Don't forget to bring the V-10 to ride Whiteface which is just down the road!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i was up at whiteface this year Great place huge mountain. gotta go for a nice long weekend and check out wilmington.
    11 Specialized SX
    09 Giant STP ss
    08 Santa Cruz V-10
    05 Cannondale Prophet

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Bike looks great man! Same color scheme as my BMX. Looks fun!

mtbr member
    Looks awesome. I'm still on the fence about getting the STP. How much did all those upgrades run ya?

Meh.
    The tire the bike is chillin on... I know I've seen that tread pattern before, but I can't figure it out. It's bugging the hell out of me. What brand/model is it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    The tire the bike is chillin on... I know I've seen that tread pattern before, but I can't figure it out. It's bugging the hell out of me. What brand/model is it?

that's bugging you right now? dont worry dude when i get home tonight ill take a look and post it. LOLOLOLMAO i
    11 Specialized SX
    09 Giant STP ss
    08 Santa Cruz V-10
    05 Cannondale Prophet

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Lol its bugging me too, I went through 3 or 4 rear sets of those last year! they are easy to find used!

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenkiS14
    Lol its bugging me too, I went through 3 or 4 rear sets of those last year! they are easy to find used!
    Yeah, I chewed up a set on a FF autocrossing the last event of the year. Just one more excuse to get DOT legal R-Comps! Haha.

Should've picked up some RE-01Rs when they were being blown out... The BFG KDW was cheap for a little while... but then they jacked up the price in the size I need.

Where are you grabbing used tires? Craigslist?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nah, we like to say we are sponsored by Autotire and Dobbs and other local tire shops....they just dont know it yet. hahaha

We just go to the tire dumps late at night with flashlights and dig around until we find something with tread that'll fit. We usually get 4 or 5 pairs per night per person. We all have bunches of rims to fit them on, so finding sizes is easy. I have a set of 18x9.5's, 17x9's, 17x8's, 17x7.5's, 16x8's and four 16x6.5's. haha

We usually blast through 4 or 5 sets per session or event, so its nice to find free usuable tires!

For grippies that I run on my 'Daily' wheels, I really really like the Falken Azenis, have had great success with them, although they get a bit slimy after a bunch of heat-cycles.

Right now, i run BFG G-Force Sports front and rear for my daily rims, they arent as expensive as the Azenis lol. Still 155 per pair though at a discount!

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenkiS14
    Nah, we like to say we are sponsored by Autotire and Dobbs and other local tire shops....they just dont know it yet. hahaha

We just go to the tire dumps late at night with flashlights and dig around until we find something with tread that'll fit. We usually get 4 or 5 pairs per night per person. We all have bunches of rims to fit them on, so finding sizes is easy. I have a set of 18x9.5's, 17x9's, 17x8's, 17x7.5's, 16x8's and four 16x6.5's. haha

We usually blast through 4 or 5 sets per session or event, so its nice to find free usuable tires!

For grippies that I run on my 'Daily' wheels, I really really like the Falken Azenis, have had great success with them, although they get a bit slimy after a bunch of heat-cycles.

Right now, i run BFG G-Force Sports front and rear for my daily rims, they arent as expensive as the Azenis lol. Still 155 per pair though at a discount!
    I had a stern talking to from the local law enforcement last time I did that. Where are you at? When I did root through the throw-away bins, I rarely found anything good, most were touring or all-seasons. Where are you from?

My daily is also 225/55/16 (I need a smaller sidewall...) BFG G-Force Sport on 16x7.5 rims. Grip is okay, got them mostly for the mileage. The rims are beat to crap, but they're light and they work. I picked up the rims with brand new tires for 200 for all four. Not dissappointed. We'll see how they do in the cold and snow. Haha. I'm going to die...

I like the Azenis RT615, but none in my size/price range.

I need new wheels...

I've been driving a borrowed stock autotragic 2.0L Mazda 3 for autocross and dominating the class, even on touring tires. I decided to try and run some Ziex I had sitting around for an event... 47 PSI in the fronts and still scrubbing 3/4 way down the sidewall. The course was not at all friendly to a FF with an open diff. Ended up putting way too much heat into the tires. The knobs actually melted together.

Next year, I'm probably going to drive my own car. It's a POS Malibu grocery getter with rear disc, lowered, cut fenders, and some bolt-on stuffs. I'm going to be destroyed in my class... Though I didn't do so bad the couple of times I took it out on a track. Or I could take my 84 Vette that's far slower...

I'm looking for a NA Miata right now though. I wanted a 240 for a long time, and I have a LS6 chilling that I want to swap in... But... no money. Miatas are cheap.

I don't know what size you're running... but these are pretty cheap now.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....orce+T%2FA+KDW
    And these might be a little cheaper than what you're paying.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....=g-Force+Sport

OP... the tires in the picture... Falken Ziex ZE502?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Dude, you gotta get yourself a Miata. They can be had for under 4k all day long and are about as much fun as you can possibly get for the money.

I have a 240, with lots of fun stuff

This is my car:

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    That tire does look a lot like the Falken Ziex ZE-502 I have on my Mini Cooper S.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    its a sonar racing tire
    11 Specialized SX
    09 Giant STP ss
    08 Santa Cruz V-10
    05 Cannondale Prophet

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i added some new red straitline peddals. new brake line braided ss ...straitline red spacers
    11 Specialized SX
    09 Giant STP ss
    08 Santa Cruz V-10
    05 Cannondale Prophet

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Sounds awesome! Lets get some pics! lol