mtbr member

Hope still lookin for my mob

posted about a week ago and got some good suggestions on a rigid fork to run my mob at the track...settled on the Identiti 14/20 xl...haven't had any luck locating one and unfortunately my front wheel doesn't allow for adapters..anybody know where I can find one? the a2c is perfect on the xl, which is right around 460mm. Help!
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

Meh.
    Where are you located? If you're in the states, I'd be happy to order one through one of our distributors and ship it to you.

mtbr member
    i'm in Texas. you're distributor isn't BTI is it? I've called them up and they said they didn't know when they would get product in. I also looked at chainreaction in the uk and they were out too.
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

Meh.
    Nevermind then.

Yo!
    mtbr member
    Dude good luck finding that fork. Identiti is a ***** to get parts from bc, as you already know, they distribute through BTI, and if they're out of stock, you have to go via UK or wait until they get more in; plus, you have to communicate with them though your LBS which is a pain in the ass. There's no wheeling and dealing on BTI parts, unless my LBS is full of it, but I usually shop prices.

I was able to get some 24" specific drops on my Identiti frame through DP76.com, but I just checked and all they have are frames and the drops, no forks.

You may be forced to order directly from UK, which I almost had to do a few times. You can expect to spend a huge premium that way though.

mtbr member
    Yo!, thnx for the info. It figures, when I finally think i know what I want and need...S.O.L.
    I think now it'll be easier and not that much more to buy a front wheel and a BlkMrt fork combo. I just want to get on the track!
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

Yo!
    mtbr member
    No worries. If you have your heart set, here's the link to Billy's in UK. I contacted him about getting those dropouts, but found them stateside so I ordered that way. This guy ships to US all the time and will give you a price including shipping and the option to pay via paypal. Honestly, this is the last avenue to take for Identiti products.

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/grou...it-29-1420-reb

mtbr member
    BTI does have the DMR Trailblade-2 20mm fork.

http://www.bti-usa.com/public/catego...?page=1#DM3841
    DMR Trailblade-2 20mm Disc Fork
    Heat treated 4130 CrMo jump fork for 26" wheels, suspension corrected (@100-110mm travel)
    Includes aluminum 20mm axle spaced for 110mm through-axle hub
    1.5" offset peg mount dropouts with Peg-Lock system
    51mm International Standard disc brake mounts with guide on upper leg (no brake studs)

Meh.
    I believe I had recommended the DMR before, but he wanted a taller A2C than the 440mm.

mtbr member
    I do need the taller A2C that the Identiti XL has. I just talked to Chris @ the drop n zone and he was really helpful & had some good news on availability for the forks so I guess I'll sit tight. Thank you guys for all the info and suggestions...Yo!, that link is gold!thnx.
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

Yo!
    mtbr member
    Hell yea, no problem.

go huck yourself
    im having the same problem getting a transition top from the us to the uk

it sucks
    Dirt jumps come and go, but dirt junkies will dig forever.

mtbr member
    have you asked the Tr. guys for suggestions?
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook