mtbmx all day
    May 2006

ss cassette drivers

Im switching my rear wheel from a atomlab gi ss to a atomlab aircorp ss, what drivers will work with this hub. Im also changing my sproket from 33 to 30 what number of teeth will work best on the cassette with a 30 tooth sproket?

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchman
    Im switching my rear wheel from a atomlab gi ss to a atomlab aircorp ss, what drivers will work with this hub. Im also changing my sproket from 33 to 30 what number of teeth will work best on the cassette with a 30 tooth sproket?

as far as I know, unless the Aircorp is made by another company, then relabeled as an Atomlab, they will probably use their own proprietary driver, that you would get direct from atomlab or one of their dealers.

More than likely drivers only come in 12 (at the most, but rare) and 11, 10, and 9t versions.
    With a 30t sprocket on a 26" you won't be running anything that small, so you might not be able to use a driver, unless you go to smaller micro-drive (ie, 25t sprocket).

a standard is to trial and error your "gear inches" with the equation: front #t / rear #t X tire size and come up around a standard of 55" for example 30t / 14t X 26 = 55.7. But, as far as I know, there are no hubs manufacturers that make a driver in 14t.
    Schralp it Heavy.

dirt rules
    Go with 24/11, that would be sweet.

The king is on fire
    May I ask why you're switching hubs? Putting it up for sale by chance?
    Have fun.

mtbmx all day
    May 2006
    I have a atomlab gi ss wheel, but would like to switch to the aircorp so I can run a 14 in the back. I was thinking about selling the wheel. Does any body make a 14 tooth freewheel that will fit the atomlab gi hub?

Air Junkie