mtbr member
    Apr 2005

spring break vid

whent on a lil road trip for spring break and shoot some footage at the Davenport, Iowa skate park.

edit: srry teh embed isnt working for some reason, hope this link works...

http://vimeo.com/4050142

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sweet vid man. I'm in Ames going to school at ISU at the moment. Do you know of any place around that has some good DJ's? I have an STP and have been doing urban on campus, but I would like to find some sweet DJ's around.
    Bikes represent the mentality that the world is a place meant to be explored and enjoyed

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Nice vid, tailwhips looked good. Hoping to see some 24/26's though...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    bonzi: srry man i dont know of any other than that there are some trails in the Quad Cities and Des Moines. however i know of a guy going to ISU that rides a pimped out Standard 250S 24 and a steelhead, if you c him riding around he would be the guy to talk too bout that.
    JGill: yeah i really want to shoot more 26'' footage but there are far more 20'' riders in the midwest that are "filmable". there are riders to do it, but i would have to be driving hundreds of miles just to film for a day or two and im just a poor kid in high school with a shitty job; cant afford the gas

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    bonzi: there's a couple things west of the stadium on S16th across from the trailer park. couple of little tables and one double. i just bought an eastern thunderbird and will probably be giving this spot a try thursday afternoon. i work at a bike shop in ankeny, but my wife goes to grad school at ISU (we both did our undergrad there) and i've got most thursdays off, so if you find more spots, let me know. love to hook up and ride with someone who a) knows what their doing (i'm a huge noob) and b) knows some spots.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    markf

I've checked that spot out before, haven't gotten out that way on STP yet this year. I don't know much about DJ but that really isn't the best. Last year sometime, an excavator or some construction equipment rolled through there taking out some stuff. I'm a noob at the DJ'ing thing too. Urban I have a little experience, well or at least have the balls to throw myself off of stuff lol. I wanna get my manuals down and be able to ride backwards and what not. But if you do have time, ride around on campus. There is some fun stuff here and I haven't got yelled at by anybody yet so far.
    Bikes represent the mentality that the world is a place meant to be explored and enjoyed

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    i've unicycled the hell outta that campus. fun fact: you can huck stair sets and do trials type drops on unicycles, i did with friends when i still lived in ames. we rarely got yelled at. night and the summer are the best time for that kinda stuff in ames. is the skate park (sorta near campus on north 5th or 6th across from some park still anti-bike or are the cool now? i'm gonna ride my bike somewhere tomorrow, and if i get some things done, the ankeny skate park will be one place and hopefully the weather doesn't screw me out of riding those terrible little jumps in ames.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I haven't taken my STP out to the skate park. I know there is still a sign there that says "no bikes", which is unfortunate. I would like to try to get my bike in there and check it out. I'll be taking summer classes here, so I will have plenty of open space to make campus my domain.

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    Awesome! Both vids
    http://www.street-steeze.com/ Reach High, Stand Firm!