Thread: Spring Bling

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Spring Bling

Posers Unite! Yes, I bought some mostly unnecessary, but beautiful parts for my 08 P2:

I wanted an Argyle shock, but guess I will ride the flexy DJ2 for another season.

Spring Bling Parts List:

Black Market 2" handlebars ($60) (don't laugh, they sent the wrong color)
    Black Market 31.8 stem ($60) (ditto on the color, too impatient to wait for replacement)
    FSA Pig DH Pro Headset ($30)
    Sunline Grips ($20)
    Straitline Pedals (gulp, $120)

Total = $290, almost coulda got an Argyle, but did actually need pedals (OEM pins were practically gone).

New parts do give a different feel to the geometry, old OEM bars were cut to 25.5 wide, cut my new ones to 27.5. And, total rise increase was about an inch with the slight rise stem and extra rise on bars (front end is easier to pick up). Now I just needs to get out to the jumps and get my pose on, he he.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Okay, just finished a ride with some neighborhood jumps and whatnot. I am very happy with all the upgrades and they seem worth the $$$, especially the handlebars, stem, and headset. The bike feels way more bmx'y and the front end is lighter and smoother, the bike just fits me better - specialized made those OEM bars too narrow and low for my 6'2" height, plus the Blk Mkt aluminum has a much better feel. The pedals are better than the OEM, but I probably coulda got cheaper ones to upgrade that area.

So, if you is tall, consider taller wider bars - it really makes the bike handle better.

To "Air" Is Human
    Nice! I like the feel of that bar/stem combo. I have played around with those pedals but have never owned a set...dern right purty!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I like everything but the pedals. They are way too expensive.....But to each his own!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    They were the only decent pedals I could find in white - what a vanity, I know!

is no longer new
    May 2008
    you better ride that bike tenfold for every penny spent, because it deserves it. nice combo and color scheme. wish i had the money to get even the frame on that.
    CallMeTheNewGuy bikes across the US, summer 2010:

crazyguyonabike.com/doc/caravanofcrazies

Meh.
    There are plenty of decent pedals in white. But white pedals and white grips don't stay white very well.

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    There are plenty of decent pedals in white. But white pedals and white grips don't stay white very well.
    +1 ditto......... I cant get over the whole white thing??? to each (in your case) their own....(all the thousands of white parts out there)
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say.” – Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    my white pedals have stayed white. i agree that the grips don't stay white for long though.
    i would not pay that much for pedals. i love my cheap wellgo mg-1's. light, grippy, strong. everything you could need.
    i ride my bi*ch hard

biking is fun
    nice bike, deity decoy pedals come in white. im pretty sure they are flatter and lighter and cost $75

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Feedback on these Straitline pedals:

I like their "bearing system"
    The pins are extremely sharp (just a kiss gave me a slice)
    They are bit overpriced (unless they last longer than a year)
    They grip really well, with 5-10's takes a deliberate movement to shift feet (good and bad, feet get hung up on over-rotated manuals....yikes).

Members who have read this thread: 0