mtbr member
    Dec 2007

specialized hardrock parts on black market riot frame

if i got a black market riot frame would all the parts from my specialized hardrock fit on it?

mtbr member
    All-in-all, they ought to fit up. Only thing that may be of issue would be the steer length(highly unlikely, but still could pose an issue) and BB shell width.

Although... I hope you aren't expecting those parts to last too long....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    no just till i can afford more lol

Meh.
    You'll need a different headset and a different seatpost and clamp. And you'll probably want to convert the rear wheel to a bolt-on. And of course you'll have to SS it (well, you could use a Saint derailleur or one of those dropout derailleur hanger doo-hickeys).

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Aren`t the rear dropouts 14mm? Do you have quick release wheels? If so that will be a problem on the back. You will have to run a single chainring on the front too. Not to mention the seat post and headset.

Meh.
    Not 14mm drops. 10mm.

Bikes Rule
    As mentioned you will need a new post, clamp ( frame does not come with it), headset and maybe a new rear wheel if you have a Q/R. Most Specializeds use a 30.9 post and the riot is a 27.2. Also need an integrated 45/45 contact angle Campy style headset.

For the cranks it depends on the set-up you have. If you have 3 rings, take off the inner and middle. See of the BB will work with the cranks. Not sure what you have on there but you may also need new cranks...

Head tube is pretty short and you use an integrated headset so you should be OK there...

mtbr member
    Save up and buy a mob, do the american welders a favor.

Bikes Rule
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Save up and buy a mob, do the american welders a favor.
    LOL. He doesn't have enough $$ for new parts and you want him to drop an extra $200 for the Mob??

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The only issues I could think of would be the headtube/steerer tube, cranks not fitting and seatpost being out of proportion. But enough being said before me, I won't go into detail.