USB Rep'n

So my bud bought a Dirt Jam..lowering?

Dirt Jam Pro to be exact. Its an 05 I think so it has no internal rebound adjuster. The fork is 100mm and I suggested he lower it to 80 or a fuzz less for the geometry of his bike. Cna this fork be brought down (and almost as importantly, slowed down - it tops out like, well, like its topping out)?
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    Dirt Jam Pro to be exact. Its an 05 I think so it has no internal rebound adjuster. The fork is 100mm and I suggested he lower it to 80 or a fuzz less for the geometry of his bike. Cna this fork be brought down (and almost as importantly, slowed down - it tops out like, well, like its topping out)?

Order a extended negitive spring form Zoke .... this will lower the fork form 100mm to 80mm rebuild with 20wt oil and it should feel decent , not great .
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    Order a extended negitive spring form Zoke .... this will lower the fork form 100mm to 80mm rebuild with 20wt oil and it should feel decent , not great .
    Hey Brad, would that negative spring form zoke work on my Marz Drop Off 4 fork (100mm, stock on Kona Stuff "06)? I can internally adjust the rebound but when I build up my scratch, 80mm would be nice.

resident dumbass
    Why'd your buddy buy a dirt jam? He could of picked up a better feeling Stance Static for the same price. Dirt jams are just too plush feeling.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

mtbr member
    you can make them less plush by putting air thru the valves on the top of the legs.

mtbr member
    Hey give Q my number and I will do it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    Actually didn't read this before my last post. This is good info. The other option is to make your own spacers like I did on my Z1. Got it down from 130mm to 60mm. The heavier oil is key too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    Actually didn't read this before my last post. This is good info. The other option is to make your own spacers like I did on my Z1. Got it down from 130mm to 60mm. The heavier oil is key too.
    My company Nemesis Project sells pre made Titanium spacers for the Z-1 and 66 forks
    the Z-1 kit comes with the orignal factory extended neg. spring from Zoke , along with the Titanium travel reduction spacer and hard anodized travel specific spring seat waser ( one kit let's you choose between 65mm,80mm or 100mm )
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Portland, OR
    doo what evil4bc suggested, too bad he picked up a dirtjam, how much did he get it for ? because I know like a DJ pro ... I would pay maybe $50.00 and under for one because they arent the worst, but I just had to borrow some money because a never used 04 camo sherman firefly went on ebay for buy it now $120.00
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    Hey give Q my number and I will do it.
    will do Scott.

thanks to everyone. I already told him to swap the oil to slow things down but wasn't sure if it could be lowered by using spacers like I did on my Firefly.

Brad, how much is that Z1 kit in the event he wants one?
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    will do Scott.

thanks to everyone. I already told him to swap the oil to slow things down but wasn't sure if it could be lowered by using spacers like I did on my Firefly.

Brad, how much is that Z1 kit in the event he wants one?
    Z-1 kit's are $65 retail , they come with the Titanium travel reduction spacers , OEM marzocchi negitive spring and travel specific spring seat washers for 100mm , 80mm and 65mm
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog