mtbr member
    Feb 2004

So i got a new frame(planet x hammerhead)

What do you guys think. I loved the sould cycles i had before but the tt was just to high for the park and urban i have been riding recently.

anyways builds kinda simple
    profile cranks
    cruiser 24s with homemade spacing to 135mm
    manitou splice fork
    bmx bars and stem
    no brakes yet
    and thats it

tuck-n-roll master
    Looks like a sweet ride to me. How's the splice working out for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

I post too much.
    Get the most time you can on that fork then when it blows up replace it. A friend of mine has one he's replacing, he totalled it in 2 weeks, the internals and both seals are blown. Otherwise it looks to be a great ride, have fun!

destructionismyobjective
    I got one of the super cheap on sale splice forks too. But I put it on my xc bike wich doesnt see much use. It feels cheezy as hell but at leat its better than the crap rst I took off.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    the fork will be gone soon for sure im planning on getting a pike i think. Hopefully manitou will replace my splice if i break it because all it has seen recently is some bmx track use and around town . and so far its actaually holding up except for the o rings that were broke when i got i and made it piss oil but i replaced them. ive heard of people getting minute 2:00 as a replacement so we'll see

I post too much.
    It is more of a trail fork than anything, so long as you don't abuse it too bad, it'll hold up for some time. Good looking bike though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    thanks. i really dig the bike also. geometry is spot on. The tubing is rediculously burly and the frame is just sooooo stiff. I can't wait to see what it rides like on 26's. plus having a planet x is pretty cool as i know nobody who rides one except for my friend who sold it to me and the sponsered rider he bought it off