Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

So I built myself a new bike ...... SUFFER !

Well it's that time of year again when all bike industry people flok to LasVegas to check out all the new goodies in the bike world .

Since I have been riding the same bike since we left for tour in July of 2005 I thought it might be a good idea to built myself a new bike for Interbike this year .

The StreetFighter is the frame that started it all here at Nemesis Project so I wanted to redesign the frame and improve a few things I thought could be built better than the orignal wile also saving some weight .

As with all the bike we build here at Nemesis Project the new StreetFighter was built from 100% OX platinum tube sets from TrueTemper !!
    For this bike I designed and spec'd the butting profile of each tube .

I also designed a new sliding dropout system that is centered around the real axle not 2 tiny 5mm allen bolt's .

But the most work on this frame went into designing the new chainguide mounting standard for the Spanish B/B so I could use the new Nemesis Project Insurgent chain guide system !!!!

Check out the pic's !!!

Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Moose Enthusiast
    Feb 2006
    NICE woot i want one i love the chainguide.does the lower part of the guide have a removeable plate so if you bash up the bottom of the guide you can just throw another one on. How much does it Weigh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hofferfish
    NICE woot i want one i love the chainguide.does the lower part of the guide have a removeable plate so if you bash up the bottom of the guide you can just throw another one on. How much does it Weigh?
    Weight ... ??
    I'm not 100% sure I jsut opened the box and threw it on my bike, the main guide body is aluminum but the rest is high tech plastic so it really doesn't weight much al all !

The design is completely modular , so the bottom grind skin is replaceable , the support behind it is designed to break before the aluminum guide body is damaged too !

We spend some serious time on the FEA and solid modeling software designing this product .. look for pre production versions at MRP's booth in Vegas !!!
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

train gorilla
    hhmm...there needs to be more mtb frames with either spanish or mib bb's. How does the guide attach to the shell?
    The officer saw the words, "This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb" and became concerned.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I hate you.
    Nice bike though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ---->SWERVE76<----
    hhmm...there needs to be more mtb frames with either spanish or mib bb's. How does the guide attach to the shell?
    It doesnt really atach to the frame so to speak , the guide and the backing bash plate sandwich the mountng tab .. it's a really stiff mounting interface , in fact I ran the guide on another bike for a few days without the mounting bolt !

This guide is the first version of the new Nemesis Project Spanish mounting standard !

YES the bike featured has a Spanish B/B which features our new propritary mounting standard !

I prefer spanish B/B as they are lighter , better availibility of parts and cross compatibility IE: 19.0mm and 22.2mm spindles .

MID really doesnt have any advantages over Spanish , it jsut has bigger bearings . MID seems to work better for BMX bikes and Spanish works out better for MTB both in DIA of shell size and width of shell .

NOW this being said our mounting standard is cross campatible with MID , Spanish and Euro so this guide works on pretty much every bike out there ... ICSG compaitble mounting adaptors will be availible later on also .
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    so...uhh when you putting that in the mail to ship it to my house?

train gorilla
    Very nice. I can almost see a bunch of of geared molly mcguire and fall guys for 4x use...not that I would ever do that to my molly.

I post too much.
    Hot brad, very hot. I like it. You need to tell me what those pedals are though. And that saddle too. Did you just paint the spokes or are there really red spokes out there?

Local Paperboy Hero
    Looks good. Further proof that bike riding and bike building can be an art.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    One question: If the chain slipped off the chainring, how do you get it back on? Looks like very tight clearance with the chain tensioner.

mtbr member
    its a chain guide, its ment to be there so the chain DOESNT slip off

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free rider
    its a chain guide, its ment to be there so the chain DOESNT slip off

YES what freerider said ... it doesnt come off , the tolernce is very tight so the chain has no room to move around or jump.
    The guide blocks also have a 45' angle cutinto them so when your chain goes slack from backpedeling the chain doesnt become loose on the chainring !

Everyone thank you for your great compliments on my new bike !!
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Ok here's the build list

Frame: 07" StreetFighter prototype
    FORK: Nemesis Tuned Dopio air system installed on a new world cup 4x
    HS: FSA Orbit CF
    Stem: NYC freeride HOE
    Spacers: Chris King red
    H-Bar: Easton EA-70 monkeylight
    Seatpost: Thomson Materpiece
    Seat: Shadow Slim John Jennings seat
    PostClamp: Profile racing
    Wheels: Industry Nine hubs and spokes ( oonly set of 24"s ever made )
    Rims: SunRingle MTX powdercoated to match the frame
    Tires: F/ MAXXIS Holy Roller R/Aarow Launch
    Tubes : IRC Tourque
    ChainGuide: Nemesis Project / MRP Insurgent guide
    Cranks : MRP Bones
    Pedals : Animal Hamilton DMX
    Brakes: Magura Marta red anodize
    Chain: DuraAce 9spd
    Sprocket: TREE bicycle co. Custom made 9spd 27T
    Rear DER: Saint
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Post a pic with the chain on when you get a chance. Looks sweet!

mtbr remember
    Evil4bc, will there be different sizes available for different chainring/sprocket sizes? or only for the 27 (which seems a bit of an odd number to me actually). from the pictures it doesn't look adjustable... I'd like one for the 34t (wish it was a tree, haha) on my turner rail with a euro bb/normal iscg mounts.
    also, another question, is this product going to be marketed by, and under the MRP name? just curious... what about availability, when, what price, where? any info would be much appreciated.
    Just have to agree with everyone else, extremely nice ride!
    24" I9's with a saint axle... dayum... I think that bike would show me up even without any rider on it!

also, swerve76, gears on a Molly or FallGuy... how? they have 110mm hub spacing and no der. hanger.
    Schralp it Heavy.

train gorilla
    profile 3 speed bmx hub and chain tug/hanger. There is a pic of a geared fallguy on ridemonkey in the 24 inches of love thread.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by ---->SWERVE76<----
    profile 3 speed bmx hub and chain tug/hanger. There is a pic of a geared fallguy on ridemonkey in the 24 inches of love thread.

oh yeah, very interesting. I knew of the profile 3 speed hub, and I remember vaguely about that "love... something" thread and the guy there who posted up about it, but I never checked back to see if it worked out. I didn't realize he used a chaintub/hanger combo... wasn't it custom made by tonic fab or something?
    But, for just 3 gears, all of that extra stuff... man, I don't know, not my thing, but very interesting either way.
    Schralp it Heavy.

train gorilla
    I have a similar 3 speed setup on my DOC, but my molly will stay ss.

resident dumbass
    Nice job, brad! That frame is so clean looking.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    very nice. i love that guide

Premium Member
    OH MAN that thing is hawt. I'm so buying a 4X if you guys will tune 'em next year!

nOOb now rOOkie
    so how much for a frame?

mtbr member
    Brad, You have truely inspired me to go into the bike buildin industry, everything about that bike I love, I love the lines on the frame. it just looks so perfect as if like, its computer generated. If you wouldnt mind, id love to drive up to the nemisis wearhouse and meet you and check out your place. Im really curious. Do you know where I could snag some clored spokes? What do you use to build your frames, like is there a specific program that you use or sumtin like that, also how did you figure out the geometry, just fooling around with parts untill its right?

Again that is the Sickest Bike ive ever seen in my life. No joke, its my wallpaper now

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ggy
    Brad, You have truely inspired me to go into the bike buildin industry, everything about that bike I love, I love the lines on the frame. it just looks so perfect as if like, its computer generated. If you wouldnt mind, id love to drive up to the nemisis wearhouse and meet you and check out your place. Im really curious. Do you know where I could snag some clored spokes? What do you use to build your frames, like is there a specific program that you use or sumtin like that, also how did you figure out the geometry, just fooling around with parts untill its right?

Again that is the Sickest Bike ive ever seen in my life. No joke, its my wallpaper now
    Me too, and at 17, I have decided that I will be a industrial designer with a second job of bikeshop owner and bike maker.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast