Only One Way
    Sep 2004

The Skate Park Opens (pics & some Vid)

Well, The park finaly opened on Saterday, so I tried it out on Sunday with my wife.. all in all pretty nice a few jumps you could get some good air out of.. Listed as no bikes, but I rode anyway without much issue..

The Bowl - and no I will not ride that one... no easy way in..

The park

180 1

180 on flat ground

Wall Drop

Jump look one

Jump look two

Any suggestions on bettering the 180 and how I can get to a solid 360??

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Pretty sweet

Just curious if these types of places have any type of legal problems due to rider injuries. In a litiguous country like the US, you'd think this type of park would be a lawsuit waiting to happen. First time a rider goes down and gets hurt the parents will sue. Its not a matter of if it will happen, but when.

Do you have to sign any type of liability waiver to ride there?

Only One Way
    Sep 2004
    Nope but clearley posted "ride at your own risk"

There are two others of these free use parks around and they have been hitting them for years and they are still around, so I would guess all is OK?

mtbr member
    We have a couple parks in Sac., CA that post no bikes allowed but there's a ton of bikes along with fruit boots and razors. No one really trips on eachother, every blue moon maybe but never a legal issue with someone getting hurt.

BTW, MT Road are you trying to do 3's on flat ground or off a stunt?

I started trying them boosting out a bowl.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    cool.

I post too much.
    For 180's maybe you should try not to slap them down too much. Let the bike drop on it's own and concentrate on your body position as you land. Carry more speed if you want to roll out of it as it seems you do want to do that.

Only One Way
    Sep 2004
    As for 180's - Really would like to roll out of it enough to hit the rear brake and spin around

As for a 360, would like to try it off a jump, I think I have the 180 (as far as the spin down OK, I can do them pretty easily on flat), so I want to try to do a 360 off a jump. But no matter how hard I snap I do 180 and stop?

I post too much.
    Spot your landing(I've never done a 360 mind you, but it makes sense to me) As you would on a 180, except you would rotate your shoulders once more to come back around again, always looking at where you'll be landing. Off a jump is the way to go, in a foam pit is even better

mtbr member
    Sweet pics man.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

tuck-n-roll master
    The wall vid gave me an error, but the others are sweet and the park is nice too.

Salsa Shark
    If I were you, I would try to jump over the box to the left of you from the top of the jump (seen in the jump look videos).
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

mtbr member
    For 3's you should try them on a step up, table, or out of a bowl. Once you get them down you can apply them to a double. I know exactly what you're talking about on your rotations, whipping yourself but stopping rotation up to 180deg. To do a 3 you only need to whip enough to start rotating after that turning your bars, head and shoulders in the direction of the rotation till you see your landing.

Also once you go for it and it'll be painful you might need to clean it up by sucking up your rearend. Reason I bring it up is for a while there my rear wheel was dragging and I'd place it down way before the full rotation. Biggest thing is commiting to the 3's tho.

Only One Way
    Sep 2004

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by bedheadben
    If I were you, I would try to jump over the box to the left of you from the top of the jump (seen in the jump look videos).

I was hitting it with my rear tire last night, Once I ended on top with the rear tire and rode off it was cool. Not much room to angle at it though, A guy last night was footplaning a tailwip off that wall.. looked cool..

Only One Way
    Sep 2004

Ok Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ServeEm
    For 3's you should try them on a step up, table, or out of a bowl. Once you get them down you can apply them to a double. I know exactly what you're talking about on your rotations, whipping yourself but stopping rotation up to 180deg. To do a 3 you only need to whip enough to start rotating after that turning your bars, head and shoulders in the direction of the rotation till you see your landing.

Also once you go for it and it'll be painful you might need to clean it up by sucking up your rearend. Reason I bring it up is for a while there my rear wheel was dragging and I'd place it down way before the full rotation. Biggest thing is commiting to the 3's tho.
    I am going to start practicing them, I think you are right, it is commitment.. just gotta try it, We have a table top dirt jump so I may start practicing it there and see if I can get it.. I just have this feeling I will be wrecking a bunch