Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I post too much.

Singlespeed disc cassette hubs 10x135mm

Are there any decent ones for a nice price out there?

Local Paperboy Hero
    I just picked up the Atomlab Aircorp Single Speed. Although, I think I got the older version, not the version they show on their website. It takes a threaded cog instead of the slide on cassette style. It's nice, though. 400 grams, so not the lightest, but pretty light. And so freakin loud!! $185 over at Chain Reaction Cycles. I chose to buy it there because they would lace it up to Mavic 721s.

I post too much.
    721's are great rims, you'll like them. The aircorp is somewhat expensive, I wanted to know if there were other alternatives to it, preferable cheaper.

mtbr member
    eastern26 has a 135x14mm, which I'll be using soon, and I think BikeSATORI uses it right now. but i think their website says it comes in 10mm also.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    721's are great rims, you'll like them. The aircorp is somewhat expensive, I wanted to know if there were other alternatives to it, preferable cheaper.
    Yeah, I'm lovin the new wheels so far. I swear it's half the weight of my old set.

Well, there's DMR Revolvers, Halos, A-Lab GI SS, Planet-X, NC-17, all cheaper than Aircorp. Don't know much about any of them, though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    cru,, i was lookin at the website.. i dont think its the older one though..

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    cru,, i was lookin at the website.. i dont think its the older one though..
    Hmmm, so you think the thread on cog is the newer version? Chain Reaction has this pic up, but that's not what I got. Maybe this is the older version?

And Atomlab's website says it comes with a 14t, but mine came with an 18. Hmmm...

Sorry, not tryin to jack your thread Snaky.

dirt rules
    HA! I got my SS disc cassete hub for $34. It has held up really well too. Sealed bearing, and easy dissasembly for cleaning. I have a 12T cog on it.
    SS Disc hubs---CHEAP
    The price is back to $34 now too!! wo0t! Get 'em while they're hot!

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    +1 for the nashbar cassette hub... nice bit 'o kit, it is...

I post too much.
    is it a rebadged formula?
    Last edited by snaky69; 11-24-2006 at 03:36 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    HA! I got my SS disc cassete hub for $34. It has held up really well too. Sealed bearing, and easy dissasembly for cleaning. I have a 12T cog on it.
    SS Disc hubs---CHEAP
    The price is back to $34 now too!! wo0t! Get 'em while they're hot!

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

"""'''''''' Thoes work with one piece Oddssey drivers also "'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Hmmm, so you think the thread on cog is the newer version? Chain Reaction has this pic up, but that's not what I got. Maybe this is the older version?

And Atomlab's website says it comes with a 14t, but mine came with an 18. Hmmm...

Sorry, not tryin to jack your thread Snaky.

look closely at teh lock ring.. it looks like it threads over the cassette body like the cog you got... maybe you can get the lock ring from atom lab like the one in the pic so yo can use standard cassette type cogs.. ??

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    """'''''''' Thoes work with one piece Oddssey drivers also "'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''

nice little tidbit of info... maybe lose a few grams in the process...

I think chain reaction seems a bit shady... I'd be pissed if I ordered a cassette hub and they send me a cheap old thread on... or am I just reading your post wrong Cru?? and 18t? c'mon, whose rocking something that big? maybe on your 29'er... but I didn't know atomlab was pushing products in that arena...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    look closely at teh lock ring.. it looks like it threads over the cassette body like the cog you got... maybe you can get the lock ring from atom lab like the one in the pic so yo can use standard cassette type cogs.. ??
    Nah, that hub (in the picture I posted from Chain Reaction) is definitely different than mine. Mine has actual threads, kind of like a freewheel bmx hub. The cog that came with it is threaded, too (just a threaded cog, not a freewheel). When you thread on the cog, it covers all the threads, so there is no room for spacers or anything. Kinda sucks for adjusting the chain line, but I think you can flip the cog for a little adjustment in or out (it's wider on one side). I emailed atomlab, but they didn't say if it was an older or newer version. But, he said these FUNN Bullet SS Cassette Cogs "should" work.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...sette+Cog.aspx

U gonna be up at the whoops tomorrow?
    Last edited by Cru Jones; 11-24-2006 at 07:48 PM.

I post too much.
    Nobody's answered me yet, is the nashbar hub a rebadged formula hub? It looks a lot like it.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    I think chain reaction seems a bit shady... I'd be pissed if I ordered a cassette hub and they send me a cheap old thread on... or am I just reading your post wrong Cru?? and 18t? c'mon, whose rocking something that big? maybe on your 29'er... but I didn't know atomlab was pushing products in that arena...
    Yeah, I'm just not sure, I couldn't even get a straight answer from Atomlab. But, the more I look at Atomlab's website, I think my hub is the Aircorp SS they have pictured. If you look at that one, you can't see a lock ring or spacers (like on the hub I have pictured on this thread). So, maybe the new version is thread on. But, it's not like it's a bmx freewheel hub, though. The "ratchet" mechanism, or whatever you call it, is in the hub, so you don't need a freewheel. It looks like with their GI SS, you do need a freewheel.

Yeah, 18 is huge, but if the Atomlab dude is right, I should be able to rock a 10t.

Anyway, it's working well, so far. Chainline worked out fine. They say the louder the better, right? Well, this thing is LOUD... "Clackity Clack!!!" I've got those smaller FUNN cogs on the way. I'll let you know if it works and I'll try to post up pics of my hub next time I have it apart.
    Last edited by Cru Jones; 11-24-2006 at 07:49 PM.

I post too much.
    Bump.

mtbr remember
    Bump.
    still trying to figure out about the nashbar/formula deal? I have no clue on that one...

Didn't even know that Formula made an SS specific hub actually, but I wouldn't be surprised, completely in their power with how much stuff they seem to produce...
    Schralp it Heavy.

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    still trying to figure out about the nashbar/formula deal? I have no clue on that one...

Didn't even know that Formula made an SS specific hub actually, but I wouldn't be surprised, completely in their power with how much stuff they seem to produce...
    Try their website on the disk/downhill section, it's like on the 4th page, it costs around 60$ CDN.

dirt rules
    Nobody's answered me yet, is the nashbar hub a rebadged formula hub? It looks a lot like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    It is the same hub that is sold with On-One (who designed it), Planet X, Novatec (who makes it) and Woodman labels, among others.
    These all sell for ~$100. It is a good solid hub but on the heavy side.
    Dunno if that helps you, but that was posted back when I bought mine.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    Dunno if that helps you, but that was posted back when I bought mine.

oh ok, yeah, I actually remember him posting that.. forgot about novatec. Shiggy knows his stuff, so I'd trust it.

but now that I got the motivation to look at formula's site, looks like the Formula and Dimension hubs are the same... ? confusing stuff with all the relabeling, etc...
    Schralp it Heavy.

I post too much.
    Nashbar seems to ship to canada. I'll gather some info at my LBS as they carry formula hubs and I've seen one in stock over there, cheap and parts are easy to find, and decent engagement.

dirt rules
    I've run the Nashbar hub for almost a year, and it's been awesome. I've had it apart to re-grease the driver area, very easy to do.

I post too much.
    Anyone know anything about the formula one? It's worth $100 cdn and I can get it brand new for $50 + $5 for a cog at my lbs.

mtbr remember
    Anyone know anything about the formula one? It's worth $100 cdn and I can get it brand new for $50 + $5 for a cog at my lbs.

I have absolutely no experience with that hub at all, so take my opinion as you will... but, if you are running 26'ers, you should be ok, and sounds like one hell of a deal, esp. in C$, but if you are running duece-quads (I forgot which route you were taking on your NemPro), I'd be a bit concerned if you heavily planned on running a tiny microdrive set-up, since the smallest you will be able to run on that formula is 12t, - well, this is assuming you cannot retrofit a 1pc driver to it...
    With 26's, you would be more than set with 12cog, but would need smaller on 24's.
    Microdrive is not a necessity at all, but these are just a few of the things I'd ponder on...
    heck, I'd probably try it out.... well, long before dropping the ridiculous coinage on a chris bling SS...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast