Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!

858K views 2K replies 678 participants last post by  SouthSoundRider 
#1 · (Edited)
Title says it all...

this forum needs some pics so post up your bike and any action shots you got of you riding it!:D

Ill Start, Just got new double track laced to an xt hub and a new bb7

UPDATE NOVEMBER 25, 2022: so glad so many people replied to this now legendary MTBR thread!!! My internet peak! Haha I thought it would be helpful to update the pictures so u can see the version of my bike I (think) I posted all those years ago! I ride a 2022 Commencal clash and live in Montana now but I still have my Evil… it’s a piece of bike history!

#2,192 ·
Not sure it's worth even posting in this forum anymore, but built up my 1st Dirt Jumper at the ripe age of 45. Spent my youth racing BMX and have been MTB'ing for the last 12-15yrs. Not sure I'll ever do this bike justice, but looking forward to playing around on it.

All new build. 2021 Marin Alcatraz frameset which was immediately stripped down and powder coated Jewel Grey. Custom frame stickers from Etsy. New Marzocchi Bomber DJ with custom decals, as well. Original were red. Full Deity cockpit and Halo Chaos Supadrive Wheelset.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

#2,193 ·
Not sure it's worth even posting in this forum anymore, but built up my 1st Dirt Jumper at the ripe age of 45. Spent my youth racing BMX and have been MTB'ing for the last 12-15yrs. Not sure I'll ever do this bike justice, but looking forward to playing around on it.

All new build. 2021 Marin Alcatraz frameset which was immediately stripped down and powder coated Jewel Grey. Custom frame stickers from Etsy. New Marzocchi Bomber DJ with custom decals, as well. Original were red. Full Deity cockpit and Halo Chaos Supadrive Wheelset.
Thats a heck of a build, i just "built" one up at 32 with no history of doing much jumping and i love it. I figured i'd ride it while my sons are small and then sell it but i think when that day comes i won't be able to, its a blast to ride around town popping of curbs or whatever and if you can get to a pump track its a whole other world of fun. Enjoy the build and don't worry about going crazy, theres already a 6 year old out there going bigger than most of us ever will lol.

#1,998 ·
Standard Byke Co. DJ with Industry Nine Prototype DJ Wheels

Standard Byke Co. custom Steel DJ 23"
Industry Nine Prototype DJ wheelset, SS rear, 20mm non-disc front
Rock Shox Argyle RCT with custom polished lowers without disc tabs
XO cranks
MRP BlingRing
Stolen Bike Co. Pedals
Stolen Bike Co. Headset
Oury Lock-on Grips
XO Trail Brake
TRUVATIV Holzfeller 50mm Bar
Thomson 50mm X4 Stem
Thomson 27.2 Seatpost
Thomson Seatpost Clamp
ODSY Aitken Saddle
Intense MK2 Tires
Chris King SS cog 12t
SRAM PC-1 Chain

23"
24 lbs. 3 oz.

Attachments

#2,068 ·
Straitline AMP, steel axles, Superstar aluminum pins. I'm finding their platform a bit lacking these days, and would like to try BMX full plastic pedals for bigger area and less damage to shoe soles and my legs. Thought they all have sucky grip but tried some Kore and was very surprised. So I'll try to get some color matched doubly concave plastics with plastic pins. But I've been planning this for months now, and the AMPs just keep going. )

Changed pins to blunt aluminum ones after a rain/log jump incident where I had to scissor chunks of flesh out of my calf afterwards.

Very nice pedals otherwise. Easy to clean/regrease and rebuild. Longer lasting bushings than I expected.

Reactions: colin1
#2,070 ·
A Santa in process of blinging it out?

Thought they all have sucky grip but tried some Kore and was very surprised.
It was Kore Rivera Thermo that I tried. Upon looking at many other plastic pedals, I have only found fully flanged axles on those Kores. All other loose ball bearing models that I checked have their axle wrench flats going all the way to the face that butts to the crank, which is WRONG. Do use those pedal washers guys.

#4 ·
Here She Is

I finally found a replacement for my Morhpine. This bike kills. I think it came out before its time, so not alot of people bought them. Plus they look like crap on Banshee's website.

Banhsee Scratch medium
Marzocchi Z1fr3 80mm
Fsa Headset
Turvativ stem
Deity bars
Primo grips
Shimano hydro have been replaced by Tektro V
DK chopstix cranks
Speedplay pedals
Fly 30t sproket
13t Cog
Primo seat (custom by me)
24" Rhynolites laced to 20mm front hub and 10mm bolt on ss cassette rear
Maxxis Holy rolers

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.