Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2111
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Finally finished my new ride, just in time to still catch a bit of summer weather....not overly impressed with the quality of the Dartmoor frame, and wouldn't recommend it.....at least it rides well.....

Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-photo-3.jpg

mtbr member

Re: Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!

My custom 24"!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

AW: Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    ...not overly impressed with the quality of the Dartmoor frame, and wouldn't recommend it.....at least it rides well.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	905205
    What is so bad about the quality?
    You like the geo?
    I like the price of the frame, any other frame which is cheap and has a nice geo?

meow, meow.
    From what I saw on some Dartmoor (aluminum) frames, welds and tube mitering left better to be desired.
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yeah, exactly what J. Random said. The mitered joints aren't really up to spec, especially around the headset.

The frame was delivered with a dent in the rear triangle. Obviously occurred during frame building process and then went to paint because the paint is fine. Bike shop won't take return, claim I must have done it. Contacted Dartmoor and heard absolutely nothing back. So basically zero quality control, and zero support - just lovely.

And cosmetically, check out the frame color here: Two6Player | D A R T M O O R

And now tell me that I have the same color. Ok, not a big thing, but still annoying.

Geo is great though. But so was my old Jackal's geo. Sometimes dollars do make a difference. I know what my next frame will be, and it won't be a Dartmoor.

meow, meow.
    jaykay,

Looking at their geometry table (two6player S), I wonder how did they arrive at 1040 mm wheelbase, if reach is 385, CS length is 385, and there's a 100 mm travel fork at 69 degrees. My estimate yields WB ~= CS + reach + (fork_ATC + HT_length) * cos(HTA) + fork_offset = 385 + 385 + (478 + 115) * cos(69) + 40 ~= 1022 mm (doesn't account for BB drop and fork offset horizontal projection but that's negligible).

What will your next frame be? A new Jackal?
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-blt.jpgMy suggestion would the be the Transition BLT... best bike I've rode or owned! Feels solid, the geo is absolutely dialed! It has a bit of a BMX feel, super flickable, extremely responsive! Manuals, jumps and rides transitions like a dream!
    plus it looks killer too!
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/2014/Bikes_BLT.cfm?Token={ts_2014-07-11_08:17:30}-47e0edc79d35bbab-77B3D332-EA96-3F85-BD0A42812A3673BD

mtbr member
    This rig has come a long way since I first got it (and since the last pic I posted here )

Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-jamis2.jpg
    Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-jamis3.jpg

Only stock parts are the stem, bb/crankset, and headset, all soon to be changed. Fork might look a little beefy but for the stuff I do (DJ and light freeride), it's a solid build.

meow, meow.
    cglasford, wow!! 378 mm chainstays with BSA BB shell?! What max size chainring can it fit? Will 28T do?
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    jaykay,

What will your next frame be? A new Jackal?
    Yeah, I reckon so. I prefer aluminum rigs and the old one was a sweet ride, I guess I just wanted to try a frame a bit less expensive this time round that I wouldn't mind trashing too much.....

meow, meow.
    *sigh* and my dream 26" DJ/street rig is still somewhere out there. I want very specific numbers and features: CS 385 mm (28-14 gearing without half link), reach 405 mm, BB drop 25 mm, HTA 69 @ fork ATC 458 mm (80 mm travel), BSA BB shell, at least 28T ring support (preferably up to 32T), 44 mm headtube, dropouts with integrated chain tensioning, conventional seatpost collar, brake caliper mount on seatstay, seatstay-to-chainstay reinforcement brace. Preferably chromoly, but beefy aluminum would be fine too. Ideally thick walled titanium of course, but making a stiff and compact BB area is very complicated with it given my specifications (at least that's what all custom frame builders tell me so far).
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I run a 25 by 12 right now and I find that great... I have not tried a larger ring to be honest with you. I shoot for the 55 gear inch ratio

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    *sigh* and my dream 26" DJ/street rig is still somewhere out there. I want very specific numbers and features: CS 385 mm (28-14 gearing without half link), reach 405 mm, BB drop 25 mm, HTA 69 @ fork ATC 458 mm (80 mm travel), BSA BB shell, at least 28T ring support (preferably up to 32T), 44 mm headtube, dropouts with integrated chain tensioning, conventional seatpost collar, brake caliper mount on seatstay, seatstay-to-chainstay reinforcement brace. Preferably chromoly, but beefy aluminum would be fine too. Ideally thick walled titanium of course, but making a stiff and compact BB area is very complicated with it given my specifications (at least that's what all custom frame builders tell me so far).
    sounds like you should hit up standard.. they will take whatever specs you give them and build you a one off bike and paint it what ever color you want...

personally I love the higher BB, it is so much better for tricks... they ride better on street, park, pump tracks and unless you are hitting huge dj's or slope courses are plenty stable... I also like the NS majesty a lot, but rode the BLT once and was hooked... that doesn't happen much for me... less than 5 mins to get use to this bike and just slay on it!

meow, meow.
    Well, I tried BB drops from +10 to -30 mm on such rigs and liked -20 the most.. 0 and higher felt weird for me. -30 felt a bit too low.

Tried my luck with Nemesis Project and the frame came out with errors in geometry. However should I want 0 BB drop, it must be spot on.

Will check out Standard, thank you.
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yeah, a lot of people get on my bike and think its a bit off... if you come from MTB it is different if you come from BMX it feels a bit more at home... I come from BMX raced most of my life.

My leg feels funny
    Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-2014-07-12-19.25.54.jpg

Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-2014-07-12-20.17.59.jpg

Black Market Edit 1, got a little carried away with the build. Sorry for the cellphonetography

Just shutup and ride.
    Are those Nukeproof pedals?

meow, meow.
    Unlikely, that's not a typical Nukeproof color. However the same make of pedal is sold under many other brands, such as Deity, Fyxation etc. I spy a Deity logo on a pedal, so those must be Deity Compound.
    26" faithful.

Just shutup and ride.
    Exactly why I was asking. I thought those only came in BLK WHT and YEL.

My leg feels funny
    Unlikely, that's not a typical Nukeproof color. However the same make of pedal is sold under many other brands, such as Deity, Fyxation etc. I spy a Deity logo on a pedal, so those must be Deity Compound.
    Yeah, they're Deity's. I'm digging them so far.

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    2009 Stereo Bikes Mono 20.9 tt 13.4 stays...just a bit under 23 pounds.

Steve
    Last edited by eastcoaststeve; 08-01-2014 at 05:33 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2014

Morpheus Vimana

Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-image.jpg
    My Morpheus Vimana

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

hmmm

Dekerf Custom ( 86 Fat Chance Trails Copy )
    Dekerf Tuning Fork
    King Headset
    Uno stem
    Synchros bars
    TRP Front/Rear 990 Mounts
    LX crank
    fyxati*n pedals
    Thomson Post seat
    24" Bionx laced to XT 36 4 cross double butted sapin 26" front hub XT 36 3 cross Mavic 717 db sapin
    Avid levers
    Sram twist
    full cables
    25 pounds 7 ounce

mostly just used to scare old ladies on the sidewalk

Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-dsc_0051a_zpse2f80cb1.jpg
    Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-img_1144a_zps2e12a6ec.jpg

mtbr member

Re: Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!

A lot of changes since the last image!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

meow, meow.