Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2096
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Here's my new bike I've been slowly building. I've been using it as a bit of a do it all type bike, however it's more focused towards the urban/street side of things.

Frame is an Evil Faction, Fox 831 forks, E13 LG1r cranks, Formula R1 brakes etc.
    I'd like to swap the bars to some 3" risers as the current ones are a bit low and not wide enough for my liking. Other than that I'm really enjoying riding

Cheers
    Benno
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-wp_000674.jpg  

Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-wp_000677.jpg  

meow, meow.
    A promising build.. the bars don't look anywhere near low to me, but that's subjective of course.

Have you tried single speeding it?
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    A promising build.. the bars don't look anywhere near low to me, but that's subjective of course.

Have you tried single speeding it?
    I have thought about single speeding it, however will stick with the 1x10 setup for now.

Raymond Donald Franklin
    I have to compensate my lack of skills with some bling It manuals beautifully, and bunnyhops feel much less labor intensive than on the '07 Ruckus DJ it replaced. I even managed to pull off my first bunnyhop to manual while screwing around yesterday (albeit it was on a 5" curb...)

mtbr member
    Transition Trail or Park
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show off Your Urban/Park/Dj Bike!-2012-12-24_14-51-10_92.jpg  

mtbr member
    This is my pride and joy - an old 2005 Giant STP.

This is more of a before image, currently converting to single speed and swapping out these heavy old 2.5 High Rollers for a pair of Schwalbe Table Tops, new pedals and stem and professionally respraying the forks and frame a combination of different blacks...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Just Bought my First DJ.

I am new to this site and to dirt jumpers. I ride BMX, but now that i moved out to the middle of the desert i was looking for something a little better and bigger to ride.
    The one and only Bike shop here is a khs dealer and he happened to have a very slightly used, pretty much brand new 05 KHS dj100 stock. which he put new bontrager tires on.
    So i bought it for 200. figured it was a good deal. Was it?

Few Questions tho.

i am soon going to be switching out a few parts and upgrading it. Thinking about making it a single speed. also to lighten it. Any reasons not too?
    Need a cheep starter pair of forks that are strong. What should i buy?
    Also i was never really scared to break my bmx doing 180s and stuff, but i feel like i might break something on this one. You think it will hold up?

Well thanks for any help.

meow, meow.
    Twitch0601,
    welcome to the forums.

1. I have not had experience with KHS DJ frames, but there are threads on MTBR and other places about it. From the photo, geometry on 2005 looks outdated though (modern DJ frames have less standover height, shorter chainstays and often lower BB). This frame looks more like a do-it-all.

2. $200 sounds about the maximum amount that I'd see myself paying for that bike in new condition.

3. It makes perfect sense to single speed a DJ bike.

4. For the fork, take a look at Manitou Circus Comp. It's not light at 2.4 kg, but it's inexpensive, quality made, strong, works great and has adjustable shim stack damping. I ride one myself. If you want the same but lighter, go for Circus Expert.

5. About the frame, I don't know. But you may want to build a stronger rear wheel.
    26" faithful.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Wow! There are some very impressive bikes in this thread! Very nice.

Once I get my post count up I will put some pictures of my recently tuned up 2001/2002 Specialized P.3

I rode Dj and Mountain bike trails for about 7-10 years then got a license and fell into the whole car scene (Used to have an amazing 2006 Jeep SRT8) but now I live in Hoboken, NJ and while everyone walks, riding a bike is definitely faster.

My P.3 I just got back a few days ago from Port Cyclery in Port Washington, NY (If you ever go there - definitely ask for John - great guy who knows his stuff!)

Either way, my P.3 is pretty stock except for thicker Oil combination in the Marzocchi Fork I never took out from my tril riding days but the rebound is still adjustable so might be doing that soon. Also I had Kujo DH mud/mountain bike tires on the bike, but just switched out to Maxxis Holy rollers which I love since now 90% of my riding is on pavement - also have the seat switched out to a Titec Dh saddle (not sure on the name), THE Black Front Fender, Powergrips straps on the peddles, and recently installed a Specialized Speedzone Wireless Sport computer.

I don't do nearly as much dirt jumping as I used to, but have always respected the sport. I will be using my bike mostly on greenbelts and path trails Either way, as always, safe riding guys and gals!

mtbr member

2005 XL Chameleon
    Rockshox Sektor RL Solo Air, lowered to 100mm
    Immortis Bucket Bars 32" wide, 4" rise
    Generic DK stem
    E13 STP chainguide
    Avid Road BB7s with super vintage XT levers.
    X9 drivetrain with Ultegra 9spd cassette
    Transition Rev 32 wheelset
    Kenda K-Rad tires til they wear out. I throw a Nevegal up front for dirt days.

I'm 6'9" and this bike is a blast. Frame was too small for XC/AM so I bought some high rise bars and a fork and dug around the garage for the rest of the build.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    My 2001 or 2002 (forget what year) Specialized P.3
    Pretty much stock except for a few changes
    Fork: Marzocchi Z3.5
    Seat: Titec DH Berserker Saddle with titanium rails
    Tires: IRC Kujo DH for the trails/durk and Maxxis Holy Rollers for my everyday tire (just installed so nice)
    Pedals: Stock Specialized P.3 pedals with metal pins and added on Power Grips straps
    Grips: Just ordered ODI Rogue Lcoking grips
    Computer/Cyclometer: Specialized Speedzone Sport Wireless
    Toby Hendersen Enterprises (THE) Black Front Fender
    Lizard Skins Chainstay and Headset Guard (Black)

Bike is an absolute blast - fast, maneuverable, relatively light bike - frame is a medium size.

Lightly salted
    Built up a Canfield Dj frame a few weeks ago. Great feel and easy to get off the ground!

!snotrocket!
    sweet ride! how do you like the channel locks? I' 've been looking for something to replace my roached out thunderbird, this may be it.
    Last edited by rottendan; 01-11-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    coastin' along

Lightly salted
    Quote Originally Posted by rottendan View Post
    sweet ride! how do you like the channel locks? I' 've been looking for something to replace my roached out thunderbird, this may be it.
    The taper locks are really simple and easy to use. The frame also built up easy with no problems. It's a good frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    nice bikes!

sandbagger
    I guess ill post mine up in here

V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

Raymond Donald Franklin
    Twosixbikes... Is that your company?

Am I correct to assume that the geometry is more oriented towards AM/DH type riding, at least on this particular prototype? (slack HA, low BB, lot of tire clearance, etc)

mtbr member
    here is mine

08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    15 Gravity Bullseye Monster
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Twosixbikes... Is that your company?

Am I correct to assume that the geometry is more oriented towards AM/DH type riding, at least on this particular prototype? (slack HA, low BB, lot of tire clearance, etc)
    Co-owner yeah

went for a mix of street/dj/trail

12"bb
    22.5 TT
    14" seat post
    15.25 chain stays ( this photo chain is a bit loose so tire is far back)
    69 head angle
    42" wheelbase

also i left spacer under headset and have a decent rise so front looks a little tall. but im 6'4 so had to make it comfortable for my frame.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

Raymond Donald Franklin
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

Other than BB height, the spec actually looks pretty close to a typical DJ frame. I guess you can't judge it from photos, eh?

Looks like a nice fun bike!

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

Other than BB height, the spec actually looks pretty close to a typical DJ frame. I guess you can't judge it from photos, eh?

Looks like a nice fun bike!
    Thanks and yeah its a blast to ride !

I come from a dh backround first so i do actually take it on dh type trails sometimes and its killer. those tires are the bees knees ( schwalbe racing ralph 4-cross edition)
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

sandbagger
    ill show a pic of a little more detail, handmade droputs custom tensioners
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

meow, meow.
    Taperlock?
    26" faithful.

sandbagger
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho View Post
    Taperlock?
    Just 10mm bolt on hubs, then if you look inside the dropout theres a long set screw coming in at an angle from the underside of the dropout. it pushes the wheel back to tighten chain/straightenwheel/and stop wheel from coming forward in case bolt becomes loose etc.
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com

meow, meow.
    Ah, now I see it and its threaded hole.
    26" faithful.

Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast