Certified Moots Whore...

New question here. Should I sell my urban frankenfork?

I have a custom 2005 Z1 that has the project nemesis slamm kit installed and is currently set at 100mm of travel (adjustable from 65mm to 150mm) with "titanium" flame 20mm lowers. I have not been able to ride it much do to working over 60 hours a week. I have spent alot of time building this up and I just don't know if I can justify having this fork just sitting around for urban only use. Should I sell the frankenfork and move on to a different fork that I can use for more applications (ex. pike) ? What would a frankenfork sell for? I have not ever seen any in the classifieds...

Relax. I'm a pro.
    Feb 2004
    I don't know why people start selling their bikes and parts when they start working long hours or whatever. I suggest you keep the fork and buy a fork that isn't quite so specific in fuction when you have the funds. When you start working a more normal schedule, you'll be glad that you kept that fork.

I also work 60+ hours, and I have four bikes (XC hardtail, track bike, Brooklyn Machine Works hardtail and BMX bike). The Brooklyn has been getting the least time lately, but I love that bike, and I know that I would regret selling it. I'll have more time to ride it once I get back to a normal work schedule........

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    keep the fork
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

Irritating.
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Clever...
    Should I sell the frankenfork and move on to a different fork that I can use for more applications (ex. pike) ? What would a frankenfork sell for? I have not ever seen any in the classifieds...
    Yes, you should totally sell it to me. I'll be generous and give you $5.

resident dumbass
    Since when is 100 mm a frankenfork? I'm running 130, now THAT'S a frankenfork. i'm getting it lowered to 110, though, a move I think I'll like A LOT.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

Certified Moots Whore...
    I am about to put it in the classifieds. I bought a new 2006 Pike Air U-Turn that will better suit multiple riding types.

Meh.
    You obviously do not understand what a frankenfork is. Please join Todd and stop speaking.

resident dumbass
    is frankenfork referring to crown2axle? Or suspension?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    is frankenfork referring to crown2axle? Or suspension?
    Neither. It refers to being pieced together. IE a DJer fork with Z1 uppers, etc.

resident dumbass
    damn it, there I go being a d-d-d again!

mtbr member
    Rot in hell, Harry.

resident dumbass
    Suck on my dick, rocpyro.

eminence front
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You obviously do not understand what a frankenfork is. Please join Todd and stop speaking.
    Thank you for the informative post Will.

...How about telling him what it is instead of being a jerk. And if you arn't going to tell him because you don't like him, what's your point in posting? Your post is no better than his. (Mind you, mine isn't much better either )

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by xray
    Thank you for the informative post Will.

...How about telling him what it is instead of being a jerk. And if you arn't going to tell him because you don't like him, what's your point in posting? Your post is no better than his. (Mind you, mine isn't much better either )
    I never said I didn't like him. And I wasn't being a jerk.

And it's really pretty common sense. What was Frankenstein? A bunch of leftovers pieced together. So that makes a frankenfork something that's pieced together from many parts.

resident dumbass
    just kidding, rocpyro! But seriously, it's not nice to tell me to rot in hell.

Sorry will, I was just being dumb again. Now I know! I thought a frankenfork was a reference to something large and clunky like frankenstein, not pieced together.

Get it right, btw, frankensteins monster. Victor Frankenstein was the scientist.