mtbr member

Shiver SC fork... opinions?

Hey all,

Found a deal on a 'zoke shiver SC. Its 120mm travel, inverted design with 20mm thru axle. I've heard good things about them. I dont really care about the whole "its flexy" bit either. How is the quality of suspension? I want to run this on my 4" SS bike, think it would be a good choice?

mtbr member
    I haven't owned or ridden one personally, but I have a friend who thinks highly of how they feel.

and randomly, I was driving in SLC this morning and saw a dj bike strapped on the rack of a car that had a sc shiver on it. I don't see shivers on dj bikes very often and you asked about it, so I'll mention it.

mtbr member
    they are great wish i still had mine. for street an dj they need the stiffer springs.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Ive had a sc shiver before and it felt nice, but It was scary flexy. If you put the front wheel between your legs and turn the handlebars it seems almost unsafe to ride. no joke.
    !

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Grove
    I dont really care about the whole "its flexy" bit either.
    moot point i guess
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Rides like wrecking ball
    Quote Originally Posted by A Grove
    Hey all,

Found a deal on a 'zoke shiver SC. Its 120mm travel, inverted design with 20mm thru axle. I've heard good things about them. I dont really care about the whole "its flexy" bit either. How is the quality of suspension? I want to run this on my 4" SS bike, think it would be a good choice?
    Why wouldn't you care that it's flexy?! Building a "wall flower"? My buddy still runs one (well, it's on his "garage flower") and it feels great but I'd venture to say even the new SID is stiffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

I post too much.
    Rather flexy, but it has the same damper cartridge as in the older 888rc's, HSCV, non-lowerable though. Damping is good, tracking could be better.

GAME ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    Rather flexy, but it has the same damper cartridge as in the older 888rc's, HSCV, non-lowerable though. Damping is good, tracking could be better.
    it has ETA... you can lower it to 0mm
    RIP Adam Yauch

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    it has ETA... you can lower it to 0mm
    Yes but not permanently, I was referring to actual lowering.

GAME ON!
    what would prevent it from being lowered, though? if it can sit in 30mm increments from 0 to 120mm, why can't it stay at one specific level? sorry, i'm not disagreeing, i just don't know. and i'm curious because i want to lower a 2007 z1 with ETA.
    RIP Adam Yauch