• 03-20-2009
    A Grove
    Shiver SC fork... opinions?
    Hey all,

Found a deal on a 'zoke shiver SC. Its 120mm travel, inverted design with 20mm thru axle. I've heard good things about them. I dont really care about the whole "its flexy" bit either. How is the quality of suspension? I want to run this on my 4" SS bike, think it would be a good choice?
  • 03-21-2009
    boostin
    I haven't owned or ridden one personally, but I have a friend who thinks highly of how they feel.

and randomly, I was driving in SLC this morning and saw a dj bike strapped on the rack of a car that had a sc shiver on it. I don't see shivers on dj bikes very often and you asked about it, so I'll mention it.
  • 03-21-2009
    quickneonrt
    they are great wish i still had mine. for street an dj they need the stiffer springs.
  • 03-22-2009
    i like downhill
    Ive had a sc shiver before and it felt nice, but It was scary flexy. If you put the front wheel between your legs and turn the handlebars it seems almost unsafe to ride. no joke.
  • 03-22-2009
    saturnine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by A Grove
    I dont really care about the whole "its flexy" bit either.

moot point i guess
  • 03-22-2009
    Bulldog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by A Grove
    Hey all,

Found a deal on a 'zoke shiver SC. Its 120mm travel, inverted design with 20mm thru axle. I've heard good things about them. I dont really care about the whole "its flexy" bit either. How is the quality of suspension? I want to run this on my 4" SS bike, think it would be a good choice?

Why wouldn't you care that it's flexy?! Building a "wall flower"? My buddy still runs one (well, it's on his "garage flower") and it feels great but I'd venture to say even the new SID is stiffer.
  • 03-22-2009
    snaky69
    Rather flexy, but it has the same damper cartridge as in the older 888rc's, HSCV, non-lowerable though. Damping is good, tracking could be better.
  • 03-22-2009
    saturnine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snaky69
    Rather flexy, but it has the same damper cartridge as in the older 888rc's, HSCV, non-lowerable though. Damping is good, tracking could be better.

it has ETA... you can lower it to 0mm
  • 03-22-2009
    snaky69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
    it has ETA... you can lower it to 0mm

Yes but not permanently, I was referring to actual lowering.
  • 03-22-2009
    saturnine
    what would prevent it from being lowered, though? if it can sit in 30mm increments from 0 to 120mm, why can't it stay at one specific level? sorry, i'm not disagreeing, i just don't know. and i'm curious because i want to lower a 2007 z1 with ETA.