2 28.57%
  • Odyssey Aitken

1 14.29%
  • Odyssey Senior

4 57.14%

Thread: Which Seat Poll

mtbr member

Which Seat Poll

Which seat for urban dj. Personal experience would help too.

1)Shadow Slim
    2)Odyssey Aitken
    3)Odyssey Senior
    Attached Images Attached Images

dirt rules

This is probably my favorite seat ever. I have one on my bike right now.

mtbr member
    Im tryin to stay away from fat, heavy seats. Thanks for the sugestion tho

dirt rules
    It's really not that heavy. It's very tough, and will probably outlast most others.

mtbr member
    Ive got the brown odyssey saddle you posted. Its very small and light which was my goal. I just wanted something I could put all the way down on a trimmed post. I only use it for coasting, too low to pedal but it serves its purpose.

However, Saddles are those type of things that can be very comfortable to some and horrible to others. I think if you are going for something small, light, and out of the way its the way to go. Good luck.

mtbr remember
    no other options?
    wow, didn't realize they updated the Slim, I must have the old TSC slim, cuz my rails and pan doesn't look anything like that in the picture...

I think I'd get the aitken over the senior.. I think it has a little extra length, if that might be something you are looking for... looks kinda cool, with the retro-roadie top stitching too!
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    i've got an odyssey senior kevlar... VERY small, but pretty comfortable for a ~7.4oz seat...

the only issue i occasionally have: it's a really short seat, too... so it sometimes grabs the crotch of my jeans when going from a seated to standing position. (just the jeans, not the package... i'd have thrown it away if it did that)

mtbr member
    i had a thread bout this a wile ago, but couldnt get a clear answer... will a 7mm rail seat fit on a post that currently uses my 8mm rail seat? cuz Im liking the senior more and more, especialy because of its weight.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Dude, if you're going for white, go for the Senior. I have both the Aitken and the Senior. The senior is much whiter straight out the box. Stays white, too. The Aitken is like a dirty off white cloth material. I like the size of the Senior, too. Seems small at first, but you get used to it... I mean, it ain't no Uni.

That Shadow Slim is pretty dope looking, though.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by cummings
    i had a thread bout this a wile ago, but couldnt get a clear answer... will a 7mm rail seat fit on a post that currently uses my 8mm rail seat? cuz Im liking the senior more and more, especialy because of its weight.
    Yes, should work fine.

Premium Member
    I like the Senior. It's really tiny.

mtbr member
    I've actually decided to stay away from white, since they'll get dirty quicker, and i really liike the version of the senior that my shop has. Its black kevlar, and seems pretty tough. Same material as the shadow. Plus its one light weight mofo. Im still kinda debating over the shadow and senior. not so much the aitken, i've kinda stated to dislike its design.