Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RockShox Tora 100mm for DJ/Urban?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  gop427 
#1 ·
A local guy is selling a RockShox Tora 100mm for skeet cheap, and i was wondering how that would do on an Urban/DJ bike?

Any experience?

#6 ·
Yea but you can also get a DJ2 or 3 for like $40 on ebay + or - $10 shipping. Plus, at least the dj3 has a 20mm TA.

If you're building a budget DJ, one of those can get you started.

I was even looking at pikes and some other higher end forks on ebay, and the prices are competitive.

I'd obviously check craigs list too, you can really ream those prices down.

#7 · (Edited)
Yo! said:
Yea but you can also get a DJ2 or 3 for like $40 on ebay + or - $10 shipping. Plus, at least the dj3 has a 20mm TA.

If you're building a budget DJ, one of those can get you started.

I was even looking at pikes and some other higher end forks on ebay, and the prices are competitive.

I'd obviously check craigs list too, you can really ream those prices down.
DJ3 is QR only unless it's an OE model. And the damping sucks.

QR isn't a big deal anyways. There are BMXers running 3/8 axles. I've run QR forks before.

#12 ·
There is NOTHING wrong with QR for urban/dj. Go for it, it will work. I broke an axle on my front QR hub, didn't know it either. One day I took the front wheel off to service the hub bearings and they came out with the broken axle. Skewer was straight too. No big deal, replaced the axle and rode it for another 8 mos. I have a 20mm now, but I would still use a QR, nothing wrong with them. Take a look at Lenosky's fork, a reba QR. I would not recomend a Reba for us mortals, but the QR is fine.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.