mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Riot frame sizing

OK so ive narrowed my search down to the Riot. Now for the correct sizing. Im about 5,7" and with shoes maybe an inch taller. Which frame size would suit me better? Im just getting into the DJ/urban scene so all my jumps will be small for now. I also plan on using it a 4x bike as well, just with a single speed. What do you say guys, 21.5 or the 22. Most people i talked to said the 22 of course none of them DJ. They are jut making suggestions. I want info from the ones who actually ride the thing and take it into the air or on the race course.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I was able to pose this exact question to the owner of Black Market, Carter Holland himself, and his response was, if you are coming from a BMX background you will feel more at home on the 21.5 frame, if you have a MTB background you will probably like the 22" frame, I am from a BMX background and chose the 21.5 frame, it is a little more flickable than the 22"

I am 5' 11" and 190lbs and feel quite at home on the 21.5, the only concern you may have is if you do barspins and have really big feet., I wear a size 11 and can barspin with the frame you just have to watch the position of your feet on the pedals a little more before the spin, IMO this is a small trade off for the improved handling of the shorter frame.

Bikes Rule
    5-8", 180 lbs and I ride a 21.5 Mob. You will want a 21.5 as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm 6'1" size 11 shoes and roll on a 22" Riot. At 5'7" I'd say go with the 21.5.
    CAMBr West
    Gives us a couple bucks and we'll give you some trails with sweet jumps and stuff.

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoman1
    I was able to pose this exact question to the owner of Black Market, Carter Holland himself, and his response was, if you are coming from a BMX background you will feel more at home on the 21.5 frame, if you have a MTB background you will probably like the 22" frame, I am from a BMX background and chose the 21.5 frame, it is a little more flickable than the 22"

I am 5' 11" and 190lbs and feel quite at home on the 21.5, the only concern you may have is if you do barspins and have really big feet., I wear a size 11 and can barspin with the frame you just have to watch the position of your feet on the pedals a little more before the spin, IMO this is a small trade off for the improved handling of the shorter frame.

I guess for me it doesnt matter then since I come from both backgrounds...started BMX in 75 and Mt biking in 88...Ied prolly get the longer one though, also because I'm 6'1"
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    i say go for the 22" tt.
    I have a 21.5"tt and im about 6 foot it feels nice but, i think it because i have 65mm nem.pro forks but the front wheel hit the pedal pretty hard nearly hit the crank and i have 170mm cranks.

Which makes it kind of anoying when im trying tail whip or bar spinds because the rider possition is a tad wacked with uneven pedals.