destructionismyobjective

Revisit: dk 24" anyone actually own one?

Just wondering, looking at the bike for a strictly urban setup w/a suspensioin fork. I just wanted some feed back. It looks like a cool bike besides the non disc brakes. I can get it for like $250. Any input is appreciated.

Air Junkie
    I own one, and two of my friends do too. Screw discs, you don't need them, just learn to set up your brakes, and off you go, discs suck for urban, there just in the way. We all have suspension forks 80mm-100mm and its perfect. My friend ran his over with a huge bronco accidently and it was perfectly fine. Super stout.

destructionismyobjective
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Good to hear the brakes work allright. Do you run the stock setup brakes or get something new?

mtbr member
    You think you could post some pics of that? I would love to see some.
    woooooooooo

mtbr remember
    a dude named Cranberry on here has one... He used to post regularly a few months ago, but recently disappeared (as have other ex-regs on here, it's odd...)
    Schralp it Heavy.

My bikes hate me!
    I'm still around..SATORI ....I still have my G.L .and still love it.
    I stayed fully rigid considering I use mine mostly for Park, pumptrack, and a little DJ with some Eurbon thrown in.
    It's a little heavy @ 31 lbs but you could really lighten it up with better wheels and cranks. Dont get me wrong, the stock set-up is great for the money, but upgrades are always nice. Take the stock pedals and seatpost and throw them in the trash. Everything else should be good to go. Just update the wheels when you wreck the stockers. I searched for weeks and could'nt find a fully Cro-Mo frame and fork for anywhere near the same money.
    [SIZE="4"]Intensecycles[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]Easternbikes[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    now, go dig a giant hole and bury your dumb ass in it....

Portland, OR
    I rode a friends for a couple of hours last week, I'm definatly saveing up for one. I think I'm going to make my stance 80mm and throw it on there. or I might leave it rigid,I really liked it rigid.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

-arschloch-
    Apr 2004
    i also roll a 24" dk. the frame is stout, but so far i have killed the bars and fork. i also thought that the cranks, sprocket, pedals, chain, headset and seatpost were extremely low grade components.

after grinding the paint of the sidewalls of the rear rim the brakes work OK.

oh, yeah, suspension forks will chop this bike out badly.

To air is human, to dig is divine.

destructionismyobjective
    looks good with all decals removed. The lbs got a black one in the other day im gonna take a looke sometime this week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterrider
    looks good with all decals removed. The lbs got a black one in the other day im gonna take a looke sometime this week.
    Agreed, I thought the General Lee's looked like they were purchased at a Wal Mart with all the cheesy decals.