mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Question about KHS DJ 200 Frame???

I'm looking at buying a KHS DJ 200 frame. My question is are you able to run a 26" wheel on the rear? I have seen some KHS DJ 200 that come with a 24" in the rear and a 26" up front. And I want to run 26" wheels front and rear. Does anybody happen to know???

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ride a KHS DJ 200 with 26ers front and back. It rides fine, just has a slightly steeper head tube angle but its still relatively slack. Not sure what degree but it still well under 70, my geuss is about 68ish. Frame rides well, is really cheap, and has taken some abuse(since I freeride, xc, and DH on it). Just be careful with you der. hanger. Bent mine twice and have had to go single speed since it is bascially destroyed now. Overall I would recomend the frame even if it wasn't soo cheap.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey thanks for the reply I'm glad to hear that a 26" wheel will fit in the rear.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm buying one soon, they're so cheap from cambria bicycle outfitters.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by insanebert
    I ride a KHS DJ 200 with 26ers front and back. It rides fine, just has a slightly steeper head tube angle but its still relatively slack. Not sure what degree but it still well under 70, my geuss is about 68ish. Frame rides well, is really cheap, and has taken some abuse(since I freeride, xc, and DH on it). Just be careful with you der. hanger. Bent mine twice and have had to go single speed since it is bascially destroyed now. Overall I would recomend the frame even if it wasn't soo cheap.
    Just want to comfrim that you have 2005 DJ 200. All the 05's I have seen have 24" wheel in the rear and I want to run a 26" wheel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yea, I've got a 2005 DJ 200. Came with a 24 rear wheel, but I wanted something more pedal freindly and just didn't like the feel of the 24. The 26 fits just fine, plenty of clearence, about 2.5 or so. And you can still run V-brakes if thats what you want, since it has mounts for 24 and 26 inch wheels.But I've never tried to run them or seen anyone use them so I don't know excatly how it all works. And I can tell you that the frame is strong, since I just blew my rear wheel up the other day when I cased a big 25 foot ish dirt jump(cheap rino lite) and the frame is still good as new.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Cool thanks for all the info. you have been a big help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    One other question what size bottom bracket is need for that frame? You sold me on the frame and I plane to piece it togeter.

I post too much.
    I'm guessing 68mm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    I'm guessing 68mm.
    I know that it is a 68(E) but I would like to know what length that frame accepts?? (like 113mm or 118mm)