mtbr member
    Dec 2013

premature mid life crisis.?

Hi guys new member of the forum and dirt jumping community. long story short i've been riding downhill as well as mini bikes for years and decided to buy my first 24" s/s dj bike at 28 haha. She's in the form of a DMR Transition 24.

Reason behind it is i'm 5 mins away from a nation 4x track (with trails on site) and an indoor skate park just opened not far away... also i have a local friend with a field on a hill we can dig up! we'll see how i can hurt myself on this one

really pleased with the bike, bought locally for what i think was a sensible price and super clean- hope to get involved on here and with the local scene

here's the bike anywho

premature mid life crisis.?-p4pb10279003.jpg
    Last edited by teapot_uk; 12-23-2013 at 02:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Right on. Welcome. That's a DMR Transition 24", then, right? Looks good.

Not to be confused with a TRANSITION Bikes bike. . . . ; )
    Transition Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yes my bad i shoulda said... I chose a DMR as its one of the few makes I recognise in the dj world. Couldn't afford a transition, been eying up the tr450 for my next dh rig

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teapot_uk View Post
    Yes my bad i shoulda said... I chose a DMR as its one of the few makes I recognise in the dj world. Couldn't afford a transition, been eying up the tr450 for my next dh rig
    Nah, the DMR is a rad bike. I was just puzzled for a while--I thought I knew about all the Transition bikes, and I was like, they made a 24"????? . . . . and then ohhh yeah. I think you'll like 24"s for the indoor skatepark especially.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Yeah she definitely looks the part, looking at YouTube seems I need to learn to bar spin and ride backwards haha!

Was browsing and came across your posts regarding building, definitely ones to use as reference! Obviously know your stuff

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Sweet bike! You'll have a good time... its never to late to start shredding Dj and park! I've basically stopped riding MTB because I love it so much now! But riding different styles will make you a better all around rider! Look Geoff gully....

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Went for my first spin on her today at Rush skate park. Managed a few nose wheelies and main thing I stayed on, hit the foam pit when its a bit quieter haha.

Bikes rides lovely, started looking at parts for her already

Cheers guys!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Did you are so lucky that park looks so sick! I wish I had something that rad close to me. The UK has so man many cook new parks popping up!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    yeah we're especially lucky where we are in the uk too, redhill 4x is even closer which is the one i'm really keen to have a go at but they're closed for winter now

a few of us washed up mini bikers were looking into opening something last year till they all started popping up locally lol