Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    OMG those jumps are FReakin AMAZING...Yall get some crazy air on those... it makes are measly two foot jump look like crap lol...that's cuz it is but hey whatever...lol wow though dude keep it up

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    im the guy with the pink tire in the pics. we have those trails because we work our arses off. oh and not in PA, try TX

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbossss
    im the guy with the pink tire in the pics. we have those trails because we work our arses off. oh and not in PA, try TX
    trailboss or trailpimp? BTW, did you have fun watchn the guys ride today? tubes suck

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    if any of you think the digging isn't brutally slow, the ground isn't filled with huge rocks, we don't have to break our backs getting stuff done and continue to do so just to keep it rideable, all of you are sadly mistaken...
    that's not entirely true. digging by hand is brutual that's why i rent a small escavater (about the size of a bobcat). it only takes an hour or so to muscle memory the controls enough to do what you want. in a day i can build around 16 jumps. no soar back or blisters on your hands and it can be done with just one person....the drawbacks of course are you can only build where you have permission to do so... which in most cases will be your own property. going renegade with a tractor will surely get you into trouble (although i have done it). the machine will cost between $175 and $250 and in most cases you have to be 21 years of age. small price to pay for instant dj's.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry
    that's not entirely true. digging by hand is brutual that's why i rent a small escavater (about the size of a bobcat). it only takes an hour or so to muscle memory the controls enough to do what you want. in a day i can build around 16 jumps. no soar back or blisters on your hands and it can be done with just one person....the drawbacks of course are you can only build where you have permission to do so... which in most cases will be your own property. going renegade with a tractor will surely get you into trouble (although i have done it). the machine will cost between $175 and $250 and in most cases you have to be 21 years of age. small price to pay for instant dj's.
    been there done that. I saw the city parks manager cruise buy while I still had the tractor in the woods so I waited till they left the area to load the tractor back up. Well just as I was tieing the tractor down to the trailor the dude drives up and asks "uh.......whats the tractor for?"
    on the other hand, I don't mind digging by hand 'cause I just consider the park as my own personal gym. Build the jump=strength training---------ride the jump=aerobics

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    nice jumps man...i say each person who posts jumps should post tips on making jumps lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Tips:

Find a spot that is somewhat hidden to keep local kids from tearing them down and landowners off your A$$.

Make sure the spot has dirt that will pack down (not sandy)

Nearby water source or you will have to wait for a good rain

as you build the jump up keep packing it down and putting a little bit of water all through it (if its dry dirt) I use a 4 ft long 2x4 or 2x6 to pack it with. Be sure to spend quite a bit of time packing it down to make it last a long time.

Make sure the lip has a nice smooth radius on it by rolling your bike up and down it and feeling for hump and bumps. Also I use a flat shovel to do the initial shaping with.

Make the landing more of a wedge shape to begin with as the steeper landings are harder to land on correctly until you get used to jumping and nosing the bike in on the landings

Its a good idea to put a little bit of water on the jumps before you use them each day, it will help them keep from falling apart and will really smooth them out.

Between jumps on rhythm sections it is also a good idea to round out the ground between the landing of one and the takeoff of the next. This area will tend to hold water so you need to dig drainage ditches as well.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry
    that's not entirely true. digging by hand is brutual that's why i rent a small escavater ....
    you are too late there cool guy, you already missed the pics that i had hotlinked and have since removed to help keep my spot on the DL. if you could get one down into that spot tuffguy, that would be dope. unfortunately it isn't possible....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    you are too late there cool guy, you already missed the pics that i had hotlinked and have since removed to help keep my spot on the DL. if you could get one down into that spot tuffguy, that would be dope. unfortunately it isn't possible....
    ok....i wish i could follow what the hell your saying so i could respond but whatever

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    nice jumps

mtbr member

I built these for Eric Porter in his Kranked 6 segment. The flair and hand plant were from the year before. He fliped the big one......They were on the DH track for the swiss championships in Les Crosets, Switzerland. I had to take them down after we finished filming. You can see video of these on www.radical-films.com.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoW

I built these for Eric Porter in his Kranked 6 segment. The flair and hand plant were from the year before. He fliped the big one......They were on the DH track for the swiss championships in Les Crosets, Switzerland. I had to take them down after we finished filming. You can see video of these on www.radical-films.com.

wow, now those are some DJ's with a view!!! very nice! I love the mountains.
    Schralp it Heavy.

yes, im actually asian

that bike looks sick
    gotta parts list for it or somthin? or mabe more pics?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I believe its a Black Market Mob with raw finish steel

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebiker
    nicest dub i ever seen, stolen from the flybikes site

[IMG]http://www.flybikesbmx.com/noticias/...ed%20(110).JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.flybikesbmx.com/noticias/...ted%20(81).JPG[/IMG]
    Those are sick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rracer11
    [IMG]http://www.flybikesbmx.com/noticias/...ted%20(81).JPG[/IMG]

^that jump should be in an art museum. thats the sikkest and most perfect jump ive ever seen
    Yea thats the first thing that I thought when I first saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by xKREDx
    Yea thats the first thing that I thought when I first saw it.
    you should see the little book that Fly Bikes made. photography of both riding and jump sculptures is beautiful...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    ahhh I havnt been on this website in a while, some nice lookin jumps!

my jump spot from last year has had quite a bit of work done to it by some people.. not sure who, but theyve built a little loop it seems as well as a catwalk and a few jumps in it.. I hope they have my shovel that I left there that went missing last year!

eghghg

yes, im actually asian
    hah wow ur still concerned about a missing shovel? thats funny

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Highbridge Park, Manhattan, NY

Legal pump track and dirt jumps.:

Still a child inside...

cool thread and pics!

mtbr member

Swiss jumps......

bcd
    mtbr member
    me

riely

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    wow those are beautiful pictures

Manual4ever
    new trail were building, hopefully a pumptrack too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast