I Have Cookies

Pissed Off,Pissed On.......

Probably gonna give up on owning a real park bike The Local Burocrats are really pissing me off....... the "skate park" where I ride finnally got finished. The same Park I helped build, Fought for when they said "we dont need a skatepark in pahoa". The same park that was desined by a bmx guy for bikes and boards...... See they put up the signs and now bikes are banned!!!! it was bad enough they posted a guard there from 3-12 midnight "to curb illegal activity" and to inforce the no bikes rule! so guess what F%C& em!!! I'll just go ride the xc trails like every one else.......
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

Allday Haro
    That sucks but dont give up. Start a petition to allow bikes. OR get a bunch of your friends that bike and have EVERYONE bike there EVERYDAY to show that there is a legit reason to allow biking. Almost every skatepark have a "no biking" rule. BUT people dont follow that. Soon they will fire the guard because that is wasted money. Just ride... Dont let them ticket you though haha.

Allday Haro
    p.s. That really does suck how much effort you put in to get it built and they f**k you in the butt after it's done....

I Have Cookies
    well heres the problem...... Most of the guys I ride with all ether ride at diffrent times or dont even bother coming any more because of Johnny law...... I can rally the troops and go over but to me I dont know if its really worth it because the ammount of kids skating there vs us riding is like 15-1 and especally now with the signs up the "parents" of the younger kids that hang out are really making it hard. they called the cops and all the other week.......
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

Thread Killer
    i was nearly killed by a guy on a bike at a skatepark...guy came flying out of the pool as i was in line for the drop-in on the miniramp, and he did a backflip and nearly landed on me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    start destroying public property riding and when the MAN comes up say "well if we could ride in the park this wouldnt happen but we have nowhere to ride"

in a nut shell what we did. worked.
    you are bad at eating sandwiches!

mtbr member
    Same thing happened in Levittown, PA. A skate park was built and there is a guard there to keep bikes out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Why dont you just go build some nice trails or ride street?

I Have Cookies
    You got a spare 2-3 aceres of land?LOL thanks for all the support and suggestions I'll keep my hopes up for a ride this weekend

____
    Kimo

Bikes Rule
    That sucks that you put in efforts to get it and then they ban bikes. I would work with the town to establish different times for bikes and boards. That way only each would be there at a specific time to negate fights, crashes etc.

If not then spread out some liquid nails adhesive and dump bucketfulls of sand/small stones over the entire area at say 3am.

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    if you were involved with all that set up/funding stuff, talk to the people in charge of it and politely ask what's up. sometimes it's an insurance thing, soemtimes there are other behind the scene type problems that you may not be aware of. if you can find out what the problem(s) is/are you can attempt to solve them.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo-9
    That sucks that you put in efforts to get it and then they ban bikes. I would work with the town to establish different times for bikes and boards. That way only each would be there at a specific time to negate fights, crashes etc.

If not then spread out some liquid nails adhesive and dump bucketfulls of sand/small stones over the entire area at say 3am.
    Yah I am talking with some of my riding friends and thats what we were talking about seeing if we can get them to do a bike hour or somthing like that heck- They do it at the beach with surfers and boogie boarders.......... as for messing up the place the dumb a$$ teens that frequent the park do enough of that on their own....... about a month ago we had some mean rains and someont thought it would be funny to plug up the drains in the small bowl..... needless to say we had a gross muddy pool to contend with until most of the water evaporated. and we had to scoop up wheel barrels worth of mud! And I forgot they love busting bottles in there too..... had a few STUPID flats!!!! (and it wasent after riding four times lol) (sorry Skoobey)

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's the same thing everywhere. We have a Public Skate Park in Glen Burnie, MD and I have gone up there "even when there was no skaters in it" and was riding around and got the cops called on me. There is no guards, no fence, no signs and nothing stoping anyone from riding in it but someone called the cops on me.

I Have Cookies
    Good news! sunday I went over to the skatepark and there was more bikers than skaters! I talked to the kids and they all agree on the "blackball hour" so I'll be talking to the proper officalls(SPELLING SORRY) needless to say I had a good Session!

____
    Kimo

I Have Cookies
    well committed another "petty Misdemeanor" yesterday.... Had a pretty good sesh at the local "skate park" only me on a bike and 3 kids on boards.... people are messing up the "rule board" already! lol funny about every other letter is missing on some words lol too funny! I never thought seeing my tax dollars being destroyed would ever make me so happy

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Ok, so can someone explain to me why a lot of parks ban bikes from them? How are they any more dangerous than boards? Is it because of the speed and size or what?
    Bikes represent the mentality that the world is a place meant to be explored and enjoyed

I Have Cookies
    it's because of all the "unpredictable" under 12 year olds dropping in on everybody!!! Their the ones getting hurt by "everybody else"

____
    Kimo