Thread: pike on ebay

nOOb now rOOkie

pike on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rock-Shox-Pike-S...QQcmdZViewItem

found this... hope someone gets a good deal

mtbr member
    looks like too good of a deal if you ask me, says he touched up the cable rub, i wouldnt be surprized if that was a sharpie, and he just colored over all the scratches

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What is the SL as opposed to any of the other ones? I wish they'd just stay consistent with the names or something like marzocchi...none of this "SL, Team, Race" BS that gets confusing.

mtbr member
    SL is a wee bit heavier than the Team and requires an allen wrench to adjust the floodgate, as opposed to the brass knob the Teams had.
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

Meh.
    SL is the EXACT SAME as the Race, just has "internal" Floodgate. The rebound knob pulls off and adjusts the Floodgate. If you're worried about downtube clearance, the external Floodgate knob gets in the way on some frames. The Team is the lighter one with aluminum steerer and hollow crown. The Team IS NOT FOR HARD USE. IT WILL BREAK! If you plan on running it hard, the SL with solid crown and steel steerer is the way to go. Weight penalty is minimal.

Keep in mind that it is a 2005 fork, that's why it's a good price. Not much has changed on the Pike since it's introduction. Tolerances have been tightened up a little bit, that's all. Who cares about scratches? They're going to happen from riding anyways.

EDR
    its a great fork. I have an '05 Pike coil and have had ZERO problems. Mine has the knob on top for compression damping, it's a 'Race" I believe. It's very plush with the right spring and the adjustments are awesome. You will have to use the rebound adjuster from the bottom of the fork to adjust the compression damping I think (like the other poster said) but after a while compression damping is pretty much set and forget.

Get it if you ride trail ride hard!

EDIT: I meant I have an external 'floodgate' on my Race, not compression damping (which both have)....